Chris Horner

dave_1
dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited May 2009 in Pro race
We pigeon hole riders as this or that, leader or climber/domestique...I reckon Horner is riding as well as Levi. He is 37 too. No time to waste...I reckon when it gets harder in the mountains he will be the one waiting for Levi :)

Comments

• markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Dave_1 wrote:
    We pigeon hole riders as this or that, leader or climber/domestique...I reckon Horner is riding as well as Levi. He is 37 too. No time to waste...I reckon when it gets harder in the mountains he will be the one waiting for Levi :)

He looked pretty relaxed yesterday didnt he. Lets hope if he does emerge as leader hes more interesting to watch than Leipheimer
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    markwalker wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

He looked pretty relaxed yesterday didnt he. Lets hope if he does emerge as leader hes more interesting to watch than Leipheimer

he did, he did...one worries it will be run for Levi....but if Horner is that strong...all he need do is hold the wheels of Di Luca and Basso. If Horner puts in an amazing TT next week...we'll see two leaders eh
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Dave_1 wrote:
    markwalker wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

he did, he did...one worries it will be run for Levi....but if Horner is that strong...all he need do is hold the wheels of Di Luca and Basso. If Horner puts in an amazing TT next week...we'll see two leaders eh

I can really see him losing a packet to Levi in a 60k TT though.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Horner and Popovych have one thing in common.
    A big improvement in form, once they left Lotto, non team of the year.
    Heck, who knows.
    Does this mean that if Cadel joined Bruyneel, he could win all the GT's inside a year?! :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    We'll see how he does as the race goes on. It's one thing to look good after a few days and a couple of straightforward climbs, it's another thing to have the legs by the time they get to Vesuvius or Blockhaus. Still, Horner was signed to Saunier-Duval and Lotto for this very race, to provide stronger support in the mountains.