scottgeniusltd2005
scottgeniusltd2005 Posts: 575
edited May 2009 in Your mountain bikes
3528523555_89ab996fbf_o.jpg
3529334640_83ea412dd4_o.jpg
3529333406_ac40fb076b_o.jpg
3529333758_62a7ed6c3b_o.jpg
3529334192_34a457cd43_o.jpg

not the best photos, took them with my phone and it was going dark, like i said before will look better when surly tensioner arrives. sorry she is so dirty but it is still quite wet on pennine bridleway & rossendale bridleway at my end
Cotic Soul rider.

Comments

• Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    I love your 'ghetto' mod.

:lol:

Very.. er... ghetto :o:wink:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    there's a bike in that pic?

FS1 OR MUC OFF....
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • hehe she is a dirty whore, just the way i like her!! when i wash her and the tensioner is on i will take some better photos but people were interested and asking for piccies on both forums, so i obliged. as you can see the muck on the chain is typical of a ride in my area, no wonder chain rings and cassettes didn't last or work satisfactorily.

definitely getting easier day by day, nearly made it up the nightmare snake rd above clowbridge res on the rossendale bridleway, it took me months to be able to get up it in granny gear with the wheel trying it's hardest to wheelie. i will be clearing it by monday.

but the fun and satisfaction of clearing the technical sections faster far outweighs the pain and burst lungs.
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • ThanksBye
    ThanksBye Posts: 519
    At least you use it, i hate seeing this super bikes, which never get used
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • i agree tomato, i do clean her regular, i mean properly not just a rinse but she still looks permanently dirty. imo racy rd bikes should be cleaned to perfection and only ridden in perfect conditions, but a shiny mtb, well it's either new or a fair weather owner. she has had to go out every day this year, even when i put slicks on her and ride on the road in the rain she still ends up filthy from rd grime. maybe i just live in a filthy disgusting area :D:D
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • ThanksBye
    Same with mine(bit less expensice) but id prefer to be rdiign it rather than cleaing it:)
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • is yours a fixxie? you've no rear brake
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • ThanksBye
    Nope its a SS speed, i hadnt got a brake by the time i took the pic, so its now got one, so how you finding ss?
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • 90% happy. very happy with the speed of my fitness improvements, this is based on my ability rather than any scientific measurements. I'm extremely happy with the extra technical skills it has released, i think this is just down to the fact that i now stand and ride faster thru trails rather than slowly grinding thru, if you know what i mean. i was rueing the lack of granny gear going into the wind at thievely pike (440m on open moor), but that was just a fleeting thought. i think in a couple of weeks i won't even be thinking about gears, i will be just riding a bike. how are you finding it?
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • ThanksBye
    Im finding it good, sometimes it seems just hard work, but cause you have no choice but to pedal harder, so it does help alot, but it is alot more fun:)
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • yeah, people have said i'm nuts, but i do enjoy it, it's difficult to explain. i've only been at it for 3 weeks but it already feels more natural, dunno why it just does. maybe because all the bikes i rode as a kid were ss, i did bmxing for years as a kid and went miles and miles to ride illegal tracks in different towns. i may have to build a stronger wheel by the end of summer as when i'm spinning out the rear wheel is flexing a bit, might be ok if i just tighten up the spokes, i'm going to tighten them up this weekend.
    Cotic Soul rider.
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    got to say it's a bit addictive. bought a new scott scale a while back and i've used my old kona SS more!

makes my knees ache like a mofo though!!
    {insert smartarse comment here}