Women's long leggings

SpinningJenny
SpinningJenny Posts: 889
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
So, having looked at the weather forecast, it looks not unlikely that I'll need some vaguely waterproof leggings for my adventures this weekend.

Bearing in mind that I won't be out if it's absolutely bucketing it down, is there something out there that is a bit water repellent, but I can comfortably wear under some baggy cycling shorts? Doesn't have to be totally water-repellent, just so that I'm not totally drowned when I get back!

I've had a look on few websites and I will be in the LBSNTMO (local bike shop near to my office) tomorrow, but just wondered if I could get any recommendations from you kind people! :D
Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08

Comments

• Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    any recommendations must be accompanied with pictures.

8)
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    You'll think they are wierd but apparently they really work....Rainlegs

http://www.rainlegs.co.uk/
    M.Rushton
  • SpinningJenny
    Porgy wrote:
    any recommendations must be accompanied with pictures.

8)

Norty boy! (I assume!!).

mrushton - I've seen horse riders wearing these... hmmm...

• popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    Hi Jenny (just finished the book thief by the way - loved it too)
    If it were raining before I started my ride, I would wear a waterproof jacket but wouldn't bother with waterproofing the bottom half (although I might put on some overshoes). What material are your baggies made of? perhaps ditch them if they soak up water and just go for some lycra?
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    This thread has been very disappointing.

:(
  • SpinningJenny
    Tut tut Porgy :wink:

popette - yep - I've now read that book twice. it was even better 2nd time around! Anyway yes, I was wondering that myself about the legs. I have a decent waterproof (if very, very yellow!) and my baggies are some Altura ones - nylony and I believe water-repellent to a degree. Thinking about it, I am the Altura girl at the moment!

I think I'm going to jump in for the lycra. Blimey - haven't worn lycra leggings since I was a teenager and did 'Popmobility' to Billy Joel's 'Uptown Girl' in the 80s. Leotard to match - turquoise I think - eeugh!

What a confession!

• bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Blimey - haven't worn lycra leggings since I was a teenager and did 'Popmobility' to Billy Joel's 'Uptown Girl' in the 80s. Leotard to match - turquoise I think - eeugh!

Come on - there must be pictures of this somewhere!

Back on topic - Popette, don't you find that wet lycra longs + wind = freezing thighs?

Am I just the world's biggest softy???? :cry:
  • SpinningJenny
    Blimey - haven't worn lycra leggings since I was a teenager and did 'Popmobility' to Billy Joel's 'Uptown Girl' in the 80s. Leotard to match - turquoise I think - eeugh!

Come on - there must be pictures of this somewhere!

Back on topic - Popette, don't you find that wet lycra longs + wind = freezing thighs?

Am I just the world's biggest softy???? :cry:

Thankfully, no!

And as for the softy bit - well you are from the wrong half of Sussex! :wink:

• grab some roubaix lined leg/knee warmers. I have some nike ones and they are really quite repellant to a soaking, plus when they are wet they dry v fast. And another plus point is if by any miracle its good weather, you can take them off.

santini make nice ones too and they are reasonably priced.