When do 2010 bikes arrive?

lochindaal
lochindaal Posts: 475
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
I had been considering upgrading my Spec Allez in time for the Etape in July. A brief look around and it appears that 2009 bikes seem to be sold out.

When do next years start turning up?

Comments

• nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Varies between manufacturers and some do a mid-year 0.5 bike to, I think Specialized is generally around September though
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    From the end of August onwards - may bike shops have sales from then on to clear 2009 stock ready for 2010 - it depends on manufacturers - some models might not arrive until 6 months later.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • SpinningJenny
    SpinningJenny Posts: 889
    Ooh, now that's interesting. I've promised myself I won't get a new bike until I've done my 60 miler event at the end of next month ( :shock: that's a bit close!), but if thy start reducing stuff from August onwards, then I may just wait... Just in time to come back off my holiday and buy myself a nice birthday present :D
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    The way things are going by the end of August there will only be the really small sizes left..... the "normal" sizes are pretty much sold out by most brands already.
  • SpinningJenny
    SpinningJenny Posts: 889
    But I am a small person - so that might not be a bad thing :D

Although I am now *terrified* that I may wait too long and lose out. :shock:

Sleepless nights ahead for me now - the thought of missnig out on THE bike of my dreams, trying to decide which type of bike to go for - oh the PRESSURE :D

it's a nice problem, yes :wink:
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    But I am a small person - so that might not be a bad thing :D

Although I am now *terrified* that I may wait too long and lose out. :shock:

Sleepless nights ahead for me now - the thought of missnig out on THE bike of my dreams, trying to decide which type of bike to go for - oh the PRESSURE :D

it's a nice problem, yes :wink:

Never loose sight of the fact - that bike manufacturers - exist to make and sell bikes - I would be very surprised if you couldn't get what you wanted come august september - worst case scenario is that you get a 2010 bike at RRP - Best case you get the bike you want a lot cheaper