Giro and Paddy Agnew

SpaceJunk
SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
edited May 2009 in Pro race
Hi Guys

Liive in Australia, and finally we are getting 1/2 hour daily highlights of the Giro. The only setback is the choice of commentator - Paddy Agnew.

Is anyone else here getting this coverage? He is so bad, I am actually in stitches laughing at him.

Anyone heard him commentate? (if that is what you call it!)

Comments

• just as bad as Sherwin, Liggett, Tomalaris or Keenan (has he learnt how to pronounce "Cancellara' yet??).

:D
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Hi Guys

Liive in Australia, and finally we are getting 1/2 hour daily highlights of the Giro. The only setback is the choice of commentator - Paddy Agnew.

Is anyone else here getting this coverage? He is so bad, I am actually in stitches laughing at him.

I have not heard this but am guessing it may be Paddy Agnew, the Italy news correspondent for the Irish Times and RTE (Irish TV). He is very articulate & informative on current affairs and also reports on Italian soccer.

Never heard him report or commentate on cycling though!!
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    thomasmc wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Hi Guys

I have not heard this but am guessing it may be Paddy Agnew, the Italy news correspondent for the Irish Times and RTE (Irish TV). He is very articulate & informative on current affairs and also reports on Italian soccer.

Never heard him report or commentate on cycling though!!

I wouldn't call it commentating either.

Unfortunately he has a really thick accent (peloton = pulluntn), and I don't think he has doesn this before.

When Petacchi and Cavendish was fighting out the stage 2 sprint, Paddy sounded like he was having a cardiac arrest!