Saddle made of razor blades

dinsdale81
dinsdale81 Posts: 44
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentleman.

I'm just a few weeks away from doing my first 100 miles and the one complaint have from all my training rides is the uncomfortable seat on my bike. The seat came as standard on my Specialized Allez Double and i have never bothered to change it as it has always been fairly comfortable to use.

However, having started to do longer runs in the last month or so, after about 40 miles, it feels like i sitting on the seat post rather than the saddle.

I may be a rookie when it comes to cycling (6 months) but i am well aware that there is always going top be a degree of discomfort from riding those sort of distances. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a saddle that would help alleviate my sore arse.

I'm planning on doing a few more sportives/charity events this year as training with a view to really pushing myself next year. Hence the need for a more comfortable saddle.

Before anyone starts recommending £200,00 Carbon Fizik Arione's, i should state that with a wife and daughter at home, i could probably stretch my budget to £60.00.

If anyone has any ideas, i would be most grateful.

Regards,

Dinsdale
History will be kind to me for i intend to write it!

Fortune Favours the Bold!

Comments