Good piece on levi

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited May 2009 in Pro race
Bloody hell that is hardcore! I like Levi as he is unassuming - I just wish he had a nicer position on the bike.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Bloody hell that is hardcore! I like Levi as he is unassuming - I just wish he had a nicer position on the bike.

:?: What do you mean? His time trial position/form is perfect; a thing of beauty to behold.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Plenty of riders train in the snow, it often happens when you recce a mountain top.

What you don't see is that the photographer is standing outside a campervan where hot chocolate, dry clothes and air conditioning await the rider :wink:
  • JohnWilky
    JohnWilky Posts: 63

It would have been if he'd have ridden down the other side!!

John.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    donrhummy wrote:

:?: What do you mean? His time trial position/form is perfect; a thing of beauty to behold.

Total matter of opinion - I think it is quite possibly the worst position I have ever seen (purely on an aesthetic basis).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shockedsoshocked
    shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
    donrhummy wrote:

Total matter of opinion - I think it is quite possibly the worst position I have ever seen (purely on an aesthetic basis).

I agree, it looks awful.

Win = http://www.atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca/p ... lrich1.jpg

Fail = http://www.astana-cyclingteam.com/image ... /levi5.jpg
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Cycling myth #354: Andy Hampsten didn't win the Gavia stage of the 1988 Giro, Erik Breukink did (Hampsten was second). He also wasn't first to the top of the Gavia that day, Johan van der Velde was. He did go on to win the Giro overall, of course.

I'm not trying to take away from his achievement, which was very impressive. Just setting the record straight for the sake of any Dutch readers out there :wink:
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329

Weird. I look at those pics and think Levi looks much better.