weekday rides in Peak District, Yorkshire Dales/Moors?

cavegiant
cavegiant Posts: 1,546
edited May 2009 in MTB rides
Hi,

I am free the rest of this week but have no-one to ride with =-(

I am happy to drive a couple of hours,

So Peak District, Yorkshire Dales, Yorkshire Moors,

Anyone who rides red routish level XC.

Thanks,

Peter
Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

Comments

• Royal Dragoon
    Royal Dragoon Posts: 270
    Keep your eye on our "Organise A Ride" section. :wink:

Click on our link for MTB action:

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/

:wink:
  • cavegiant
    ok
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • elPedro666
    elPedro666 Posts: 1,060
    I like a bit of reddish - could do this afternoon/evening or possibly tomorrow, if work doesn't interfere (it has a habit of being very last-minute)...

I'm in Manc and my bike needs a clean on-route so will take a little while to get anywhere, but the days are nice & long now!

Pete.
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    25.0mm-26.2mm seatpost shim
    Red X-Lite bling
    Specialized ladies BG saddle (white?) 155mm
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
    Flatbars 620mm 25,4mm & swept, ti in an ideal world
  • cavegiant
    I can do tomorrow.

Did you have any preference where to go?

Peter
  • elPedro666
    elPedro666 Posts: 1,060
    Somewhere sunny!

Matthew H had mentioned Llandegla
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
    but that's probably a bit far from you, I have a few routes in the Peaks but would be happy to get shown around the Dales a bit; seems a bit more central to get to.

Bad news is I'm busy until about midday, so no chance of an early start, might actually be better off going on Thursday, if you're still free (supposed to see the girlfriend tomorrow night too, thinking about it!)?
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    25.0mm-26.2mm seatpost shim
    Red X-Lite bling
    Specialized ladies BG saddle (white?) 155mm
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
    Flatbars 620mm 25,4mm & swept, ti in an ideal world
  • cavegiant
    perfect, thursday is better.

Go play with the GF on Wed, I assume she is much more fun to play with than me.

I would love to get shown a few routes in the Peaks, I was there on Monday doing one of the best rides I have ever been on.

I am yet to find any really fun rides in the dales, they are all 'nice' but nothing that makes you go WOW.

The peaks and the lakes seem to do it much better.

I will PM you my mobile
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    cavegiant wrote:
    perfect, thursday is better.
    I am yet to find any really fun rides in the dales, they are all 'nice' but nothing that makes you go WOW.

The peaks and the lakes seem to do it much better.
    Sorry to hilack :roll:
    I've been riding in the Peak for years,its top quality stuff,as is the Lakes.There's LOADS of top stuff in the Dales,Swaledale/Wensleydale/Arkengarthdale all have some really rocky/techy descents.Nidderdale,especially near Scarhouse res.has some top stuff 8)
    Harveys cycle maps of the dales have graded all the BWs blue/red/black so you can easily find where all the quality stuff is.
    http://www.harveymaps.co.uk/acatalog/Yo ... Dales.html
    Also all though technically no-mans land,the Howgill fells between the dales and the lakes offers some excellent,tough riding but without all the crowds 8)
  • cavegiant
    Reallly?

I have found a ton on nice routes in the dales, but nothing I would classify as technical (apart from short sections)

I will look at that website!
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Nidderdale 34 miles 5700ft of ascent-tough with some techy sections. 8) There's also routes here:
    www.mtbthedales.org.uk
    The site is being revamped though.
    Most of the Peak/Lakes rides only have technical sections,but i would agree you have to go further to tie in stuff in the Dales.
  • Giggsmaster
    Giggsmaster Posts: 632
    The one I think Ibbo is mentioning is a very good route, I have been up there a few times. The road upto Middlesmoor is a bit of a push, but rideable, with a nice 25% thrown in at the end....

Good ride up over long rocky section, then good technical downhill onto Scarhouse Resevoir. There are some good flowing sections and a few rocky downhills after that. Overall, a nice summers day ride.