Tyre advice needed

Baz C
Baz C Posts: 29
edited May 2009 in MTB beginners
After getting a puncture today on the way to work i have noticed that both of my tyres have started to perish on the side walls . I know i'm going to need new tyres ,but should i put a hybrid type tyre on it or should i stick with the chunky mtb ones ?.

If i decide to go the hybrid route can someone tell me what tyres are not too dear but still of a good quality? and also the same with the mtb tyres ? (the bike has Schwalbe Fat Sams on it at the moment and i have to say that i don't like them much).

Cheers

Comments

• Schobiedoo
    Schobiedoo Posts: 121
    The obvious question, what type of riding do you do? It will depend on what tyres are best for your bike.
    Neil Pryde Bura SL
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Baz C
    Baz C Posts: 29
    Sorry ! should have stated earlier that i bought my bike to do a lot of off-road stuff but unfortunately it hasn't panned out that way , so 99% of my riding is done going to and from work which is a mixture of terrain (i.e gravel paths to busy roads).

Hope this helps, any information would be really appreciated.

P.S - Imade a bit of a mistake in my original post ! the tyres are Smart Sams and not Fat Sams :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    I'd look for some semi-slicks in your situation (slick in the middle, with some knobbies on the outside).
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    Have a look at the Specialized Pro tyres. Low rolling resistance, but ok for minor off road use.