Forum home Road cycling forum Road beginners

Ribble moan! Should I wait?

zedderszedders Posts: 509
edited May 2009 in Road beginners
Just been looking through my emails with Ribble. I ordered a Sportive frame in a 52cm on 15th April when the web page stated that 52cm were still in stock and only people wanting 55 and 58 would have to wait.
After placing the order I was told ''sorry'' error with the web update your size is out of stock too! Bummer I thought and took it on the chin. :( I was then told a expected delievery date was the end of April for more frames and that I would have to wait til the middle of May! Bummer again! :x
Hoping that the Ribble would be dispatched soon I emailed them again yest only to be told ''we expect delivery of our Sportive Frames on approximately the 15th May. We will start building the bikes on a first come first serve basis starting Monday the 18th.'' By the time the thing turns up the summer will be over! As I was also told some have been waiting since March. Bummer x3. :cry:
It's now feeling like this wasn't ment to happen and I should sack the whole idea. Wait a few months and get a 2010 bike instead? Soz for the moan all, but the misses dosn't understand! I'm normally a patient bloke, but this is taking the biscuit. :evil:
"I spend my petrol money on Bikes, Beer, Pizza, and Donuts "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3517156549/

• kingrollokingrollo Posts: 3,163
    Is there anything out there to rival the ribble though ? - (i don't own one) - reading these forums I know a lot people have switched to planet x (3 days delivery). Personally I would wait and get what you really want.

Don't know why people make such a big deal about the summer - the weather is only really bad, Jan & Feb - buy some decent kit and you can cycle all year round.
  • alfabluealfablue Posts: 8,497
    I would give up on them and get a Planet-X, actually, that is exactly what I did - very happy with their service and delighted with the bike!
  • giant_mangiant_man Posts: 6,878
    To their credit, Ribble have been unindated with orders for that bike/frame. Doesn't help you of course, but I would wait then enjoy your bike if it were my money.

You won't have to wait too much longer surely ...
  • bilsea159bilsea159 Posts: 256
    I was lucky to buy this bike with the Standard Centaur spec and I am delighted with it. I did a fair amount of research and decided on the bike over the Boardman Team carbon. Ribble delivered the bike ready to ride and I over the last six weeks have put in the miles with the lovely weather. Cannot fault the bike, it is worth waiting for, why regret rushing and getting something else.