RockAngel
RockAngel Posts: 11
edited May 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi,
I'm a newbie to this site. I'm looking for some routes that are relatively easy near me as I'm not as fit as I'd like to be and dont want to be put off before I start. I live near Macclesfield in Cheshire.
RockAngel

Comments

• mongoosed
    mongoosed Posts: 315
    Welcome to the forum,cant help with the routes but i am sure someone will.
  • RockAngel
    Thanks mongoosed. :)
  • DrWorm
    DrWorm Posts: 66
    Buy the OS Explorer map for your area and spend a rainy evening with a pencil and paper fiding the bridalways and quiet country lanes near you. The OS will even print you a map with your house at the centre...for a fee!

Once you know their location it's easier to plan a loop of whatever distance you fancy. If you want easy(ish) routes be sure to kep a close eye on the contour lines and don't attack any offroad hills that look like your grandfather's forehead!
  • RockAngel
    i already have loads of pencil lines on the maps. it will get confusing. Is there a cheapish book with routes in like the rock climbing guides?
  • DrWorm
    DrWorm Posts: 66
    I have used these in the past and combined with an OS map make it simple to get out and about.

http://www.bikemaps.co.uk/peak_district.htm

However I am not sure if they do one that covers an area close enough to you.

Stil, worth a look...