Storing Bike With Hydraulic Brakes Upright On Back Wheel

DrWorm
DrWorm Posts: 66
edited May 2009 in MTB beginners
HI,

At work I have to store my bike up on it's back wheel in a "constant wheelie" position.

Can anyone tell me if this will affect/damage/etc the hydraulic brakes, what with liquid wanting to find it's own level etc??

:?:

Thanks

Comments

• Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Should be fine.

Your brakes don't (I hope!!) leak when your on the trail, going up / down hill, do they?? :wink:

For the record, I have my SS (winter bike) permanantly stored up-side down, with hydraulic discs. It's been there for a few months now - no dramas. Not ONE leak 8)
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • DrWorm
    DrWorm Posts: 66
    It's not really the leaking I was worried about, the system should be well sealed.

I was more concerned with not having pressure there for the first few brake pumps or reduced pressure etc. The first mile home is all down a steep hill and without brakes it would be, lets say... interesting! :twisted:
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    DrWorm wrote:
    I was more concerned with not having pressure there for the first few brake pumps or reduced pressure etc. The first mile home is all down a steep hill and without brakes it would be, lets say... interesting! :twisted:

I put the little pad spacers in my brakes while it's in the boot of my car on the way to the trails, so they need a few pumps to self adjust once you put the wheel back in. I forgot about it on Sunday and nearly rolled into a parked car as I squeezed my squishy front brake :lol: