Grimsby Bikeathon

wilfus
wilfus Posts: 78
edited June 2009 in MTB rides
Did anybody else on here take part in this yesterday?

I did the 40 mile ride in 3 hours 30 minutes which I was pretty pleased with. I expected to take alot longer than that.

I was on a Trek 6000 with chunky tyres and been riding mostly off road with a bit of road riding on the run up to it.

It would be interesting to see what times others did it in and what they were riding.

Comments

• majikman
    majikman Posts: 6
    hey, well done,i took the plunge on the 40 miles i did it in 2hrs,50mins and was on a trek 1.7 triple, was a relly good ride and good weather to boot.

alan
  • cancan987
    cancan987 Posts: 1
    Just thought i would add my bit....

I did the 40 mile in approx 2 hours 20 on my 2009 Trek 8500 with skinny tyres...the bike went really well and it was great seeing the look on the roadies faces when me and my group went past.

If your both up for it there is the Wolds Challenge on the 13th June....40 miles starts near Walesby and ends there, get some mates together and give it a bash. The website to look at is bicyclemania.co.uk, gives you all the info.

Cheers Mike
  • majikman
    majikman Posts: 6
    thanks mike i will have a look, i went grimsby market rasen and back via tealby im not that good on hills but i gave it a damn good try

alan