Bhf edale charity ride

M6TTF
M6TTF Posts: 602
edited May 2009 in MTB rides
Saw details of this in mbr mag, had a look at the website. 3 options - 15 miles, 28 or 42. I know i could do the 28, but iI'd love to try the biggy, but knowing how tough the riding is round edale I'm not sure I'll pull it off. Has this been run before and if so anyone done it?

Comments

• Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    Last year there was only the 42 mile option and was on a completely different route. I had a go and to this day have no idea how I got to the end!!!!! (I'm unfit, overweight and ride in and around local (flat) woods mainly, but my mate who entered with me lives in North Yorkshire and I don't think he broke into a sweat on the way round) I vowed 'never again' but seeing that there are options this year I'm going to contact BHF and get details of the routes. BHF also do a 36 mile event in November starting at Sherwood Pines, I've also done this before and although it's still a long ride, it's much more do-able and I'll be entering again this year.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • M6TTF
    Cool, so the 42 is a different route this year then? Think I'll try and get the proposed routes too
  • Cheshley
    I'm saying it's different cos it starts/ends in Edale this year and we didn't go to Edale last year. Start was on the A57 about 2 miles West of Ladybower and the course went straight up Snake Pass, through Glossop, up Longdendale and over to Langsett then along the winding road over to Strines Moor and back to Ladybower. Out of 42 miles only 17 of it was off-road
    If you contact them for course info, make a point of asking about the parking arrangements. Last year they picked a farmer's field, on a slope, at the top of a steep track just wide enough to get a car up. Obviously someone didn't think it might be wet in that field, in the Peak District, in October. To say it was a farce would be an understatement.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • M6TTF
    Thanks for all the info mate. I'll definitely get in touch with them to get route plans. 25 miles of road isn't appealing LOL
  • Cheshley
    No worries
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill

• elPedro666
    elPedro666 Posts: 1,060
    This sounds like fun, I might be fit by October...

It's good to have a carrot (or a stick).
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    25.0mm-26.2mm seatpost shim
    Red X-Lite bling
    Specialized ladies BG saddle (white?) 155mm
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
    Flatbars 620mm 25,4mm & swept, ti in an ideal world