edited June 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Here is some pictures of my new frame.

spbpic3393752.jpg
spbpic3393758.jpg
spbpic3393759.jpg
spbpic3393757.jpg
spbpic3393756.jpg
spbpic3393753.jpg

Also look at the link below to see the parts I have accumulated so far.
http://oddy.pinkbike.com/album/New-Bike-Build/

Suggestions/opinions accepted (please be kind its my first build)

Comments

• JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    about the time you posted them!!

Green Goodridge hoses... your a f****** pimp! :D Its going to look amazing...

By the way where did you buy the frame for, and did it come with that swopout system and chain tensioners to run is singlespeed? Also, how much were the Juicy's, and what wheels/rims are you having on it?

P.S heres a few pics from my collection of Virsa p0rn ;)

6a00d83451f74269e201156f4f8939970c-.jpg

3297_77840341699_586296699_2203756_.jpg

3450310806_f249006b29_b.jpg

3297_77840366699_586296699_2203759_.jpg

I am now stuck whether to have On One carbon forks, or save up for some RS SID in white....
  • oddy74
    oddy74 Posts: 91
    Yeah sorry for the delay.

Got the frame from LBS and yes they came with the different dropouts for SS and geared.
    The Juicys I bought off the classifieds on here.
    Not sure what wheels yet, have got a couple of ideas but undecided.
    Green Goodridge hoses... your a f****** pimp! :D Its going to look amazing...
    OH YES 8)

Where you getting all the photos from? Have you got your frame yet or you just some Kinesis stalker :?: :D
  • JxL
    :? have to admit I am still a stalker!! Its in the shopping basket in online shop at £315, waiting to be clicked to "checkout".

For the wheels I am looking at Hope Pro 2, Stans ZTR Olympic rims (white powdercoat!!!), revolution spokes. For tyres it might be Race Kings or Racing Ralph/ Nobby Nic combo.

If you can live with black rims and heavier spokes, you can get exact wheelset for £315 from freeborn, but I am quite obsessed with white ones which will set me back for £400 from justridingalong.co.uk

Pics are randomly found on google :)
  • oddy74
    Did you see the Racing Ralph & Nobby Nics I got? White shoulders :lol: 8)
  • JxL
    oddy74 wrote:
    Did you see the Racing Ralph & Nobby Nics I got? White shoulders :lol: 8)

Haha yeah, spotted them in some shop too. Looking forward to see how they actually look on the bike!

Do you know anything about spraying bike parts different colour?

I have some cranks which are polished, but would like to spray them black and the bashguard white to keep the theme... But then would that rub off very easily? What kind of coating do standard black cranks/etc use?

Also have a stem which needs spraying white, but powdercoating should be fine for it.
  • oddy74
    No sorry, but I am sure someone on here will.
    Im not sure what crankset to get, either SLX triple or double.
  • JxL
    oddy74 wrote:
    No sorry, but I am sure someone on here will.
    Im not sure what crankset to get, either SLX triple or double.

You are putting gears on it? BOO! :D

I would say double and bash, but it depends on what you do really.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Nice green hoses.

Not seen 'em about on the trails before. Take it they're steel braided right? IMO, it makes a HELL of a diff.

Nice kit, but why not a white WCS seatpost, and some white Fox Forx? Would really look the shiznit.

Pics when it's done. OR ELSE!!!

:lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • JxL
    Hey! Hows the build going?

Mine is almost finished! ordering the frame tomorrow, waiting for a chain and its done. Will post pics as soon as its completed!
  • oddy74
    Got most of the parts together, once I get paid (spent a small fortune so far) I'm going to get my LBS to face and fit the crankset (still not sure what 1 yet?) and then the build can begin :D
    Look forward to seeing the pictures.
  • JxL
    Finally managed to get one of the tubeless wheels on :D A bit of a pain when tyre was new, so had to use inner tube overnight to "shape" the tyre.

Went to bike shop today to order it and Kinesis are completely sold out of green 18" frames - it will be another month before they will have them, so will ring other bike shops hoping they have stock!