Bedgebury - thoughts?

CrazySmudge
CrazySmudge Posts: 137
edited May 2009 in MTB rides
Evening All

Going down to Kent this weekend - Girlfriend is having her hair done so good excuse to go biking. Nearest place is Bugebury, haven't been before so wondering what your thoughts were?

Al

Comments

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    As long a it stops raining NOW you'll have a blast. Trails are nice 'n dry at the moment.
    There's a race on Saturday, so it'll probably be busy.
    If it's anything like last weekend, you're gonna have to keep an eye out for the families/walkers/dogs :evil: that really shouldn't be on some of the trails.
  • CrazySmudge
    thanks for the feedback. Do you know what time the race is ??
  • Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    I'm pretty sure the car park is £7.50 :shock:
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    The race start about 10:30. Have a look here for full details.

Yes, the car park is £7.50 :shock:
    If you continue past the car park entrance you'll find yourself on the A21. There are a cuople of laybys either side of this that are right next to 'public bridleway' entrances to the forest. :wink:
  • CrazySmudge
    if I just want to have a ride on the trail will I interfer with the race?
  • DudleyF
    DudleyF Posts: 9
    Head for the skills area if you want to do more than just singletrack. IF you can find it - they don't really want you to - there's some good shore boardwalk and a teeny DH track. That's all I go there for now.
  • CrazySmudge
    well went for a ride on Saturday at Budgebery and had a great time, managed two laps and highy recommend it. Not many people around so I had the area all to my self, some great single track amongst the trees. Didnt manage to get to the skills area but will try next time.