Cav - on fear of failure, and more

NervexProf
NervexProf Posts: 4,202
edited May 2009 in Pro race
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Most of the interview is identical to the one on Inside Sport earlier this week, but this bit stood out:
    At Milan-San Remo, Cavendish resorted to low cunning, by deliberately losing time on small hills in a previous race, Tirreno-Adriatico, and saying he was only taking part in San Remo for experience. His rivals thought that he would not be able to reach the finish, let alone contest the sprint. They thought wrong, and Cavendish powered over the climbs to become the second Briton ever to win La Primavera and the first in over three decades.

"They thought I wouldn't be able to get over a bridge," Cavendish recalls with a mischievous grin. "These days they have accepted that they can't get rid of me most of the time." It looks as if that will be the case for quite some time to come.
    So it was a deliberate ploy to not ride 100% in Tirrenno to deflect some pressure and attention.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The bit which I found amusing was:
    Rather than move to Monaco or Switzerland as most top riders do when they hit the big time, Cavendish has remained in the Isle of Man.

A somewhat stupid statement by the journalist.
    Twitter: @RichN95