My new Boardman Sport MTB

Si78
Si78 Posts: 963
edited May 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to stick up a few pics of the Boardman Sport I got last week.
So chuffed with it :D . An excellent 1st step into the world of MTB'ing I think. T'is luuurvly.
Si

04052009223.jpg
04052009224.jpg
04052009225.jpg
04052009226.jpg
Why has my sig been removed by the admins???

Comments

• Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Si78, if anyone should take the p*ss, saying it's a Halfords bike, sod 'em.

Damn good the Boardmans are. Mate had one, so would probably advise up-grading to SPD pedals.

Otherwise, nice ride man!

Enjoy it!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Si78
    cheers bigchazrocks,

yeah, i will tell anyone who says 'its a halfords bike' to 'go forth and fornicate' :D

I thinks its great, thats all that matters really. Its light, well designed and (to my eyes) looks the biz.
    Would have liked to have got a more expensive cycle2work voucher and got the Boardman Pro, but couldnt justify the expense in these cash strapped times.

Not too sure about getting spd pedals... Im not 'fully confident' yet lol, and would fall over often!

Cheers for the approval mate,
    Si
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Tis a braw bike, questions will be asked about the forks however. Good bike to start you off though certainly :)
  • nby
    nby Posts: 62
    looks spot on mate, and as for the halfords things I agree they can jog on.... :lol: (fury 08 here)
    fury 'n' i
  • Si78
    Stoo61 wrote:
    Tis a braw bike, questions will be asked about the forks however. Good bike to start you off though certainly :)

Cheers stoo61,

Forks will be fine for the moment. React better than i thought they would after reading other comments on the forum. Will save my pennies so that in a year (when im officially allowed to modify the bike) I can weigh up whether i need a chunkier fork.

Im just enjoying having a decent bike to ride, and getting my fitness levels up :D

Si
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    Went to Halfords earlier whilst Mrs was in Next, had a look at the Boardmans. They look much nicer in the flesh than in any of the pics I've seen. Good choice imo!
  • Si78
    nby wrote:
    looks spot on mate, and as for the halfords things I agree they can jog on.... :lol: (fury 08 here)

Cheers nby,

i think its spot on too :D

I found Halfords to be really helpful. When i first went in to look at the Boardmans i was talking to a lad who works there for at least an hour. He knew his stuff, raced bikes etc He showed me around all the bikes in my price range (£550 cycle2work voucher) Boardman, GT, Kona, Carrera etc, explaining things i wasnt sure about etc. He knew I had to spend my voucher at Halfords, so he wasnt biased and didnt bullshit.

In contrast, in the recent-ish past I found certain 'LBS' and 'posh' bike shops to be patronising, sneery and smug because I wasnt an expert...

These are just my experiences, may just have been a poor 'LBS', or a good Halfords.

I work for a major manufacturer. We make some of the most reliable engines/cars in the world. A lot of brilliant, intelligent and eager people work there, but there are some right thick, gash layabouts, and a right load of pricks who work there too...... And its the same in every company the world over!

Hope my analygy makes sense lol

Si
  • Si78
    Eranu wrote:
    Good choice imo!

Thanx Eranu!

Its nice when people compliment ur pride and joy :D

Its the smoothness that makes em look good i reckon...

Si
  • GTi-R23
    GTi-R23 Posts: 175
    Nice rig fella, was looking at these myself a while ago, as said, they do look nice in the flesh, now get out and ride!!
  • Si78
    GTi-R23 wrote:
    now get out and ride!!

lol
    Thats the plan :)
    Might see u out and about around chester/north wales lol... if you see a gimp on a Boardman, give me a special wave :)

Si
  • GTi-R23
    GTi-R23 Posts: 175
    Haha, oh yeah, just noticed your location, I'm usually the one puffing and panting my way round Llandegla, ride the river dee path quite a fair bit too, I'll keep my eye out for ya 8)
  • Si78
    GTi-R23 wrote:
    Haha, oh yeah, just noticed your location, I'm usually the one puffing and panting my way round Llandegla, ride the river dee path quite a fair bit too, I'll keep my eye out for ya 8)

lol
    nice one pal!

i'm the one sat sweating on the grass, with the bright red face..... :oops:

Si
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    I've a boadrdman FS. Great bikes, especially for the cash. I fookin' loves it I does.
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Si78
    fookin' loves it I does.

Glad ur lovin' ur ride mate :D

Si
  • k2rider
    k2rider Posts: 575
    nowt wrong wi boardmans, hell i ride a saracen so im used to the remarks.
    who cares?
  • nice man :lol:
    Focus Blackhills with a few bits :]
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    they are good bikes, and the welds are soooo smooth. they are gradually becoming more and more popular. we get more people come in and consider one at least.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/