short break in Wales

trip
trip Posts: 64
edited May 2009 in MTB rides
I have the week off next week and im thinking about having a few days away with the bike and tent. It looks like i might be going solo so im not looking for anywhere too remote!

So far coed-y-brenin looks promising and there seems to be alot to ride there. Im looking for somewhere good for 3 or 4 days of riding.

Whats Coed-y-Brenin like for 3 or 4 day break? Is there enough to ride there? Any good camping in the area?

Im based in the midlands, so is there anywhere else within that sort of distance that could be worth a look?

Thanks

Comments

• Jimbo.
    Jimbo. Posts: 124
    re. camping, whilst I've not stayed there, this place looks nice:

http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/

:)
  • There's also a place a couple of miles down the road at Dolgellau, right next to Cymer Abbey, which is quite picturesque. Failing that, you could try the Heulwen guest house at Llanfachreth, which is about 10mins drive from CYB
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i stayed at the place next to cymer abbey a few years back, it was basic but pretty quiet and only a 10 minute drive to the visitors centre/cafe.

i spent 3 days there and it was fine :D
  • rustybug69
    rustybug69 Posts: 120
    had my first taste of wales last week and rode Nant y arian. excellent days riding and well worth a look around!
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I can vouch for Cae Gwyn for a camp site...rustic, but very quiet and only 2 mins down the road on the bike.....10 mins coming back tho..it's uphill :lol:
    Caz xxx