Hello all..New to the forum, bit of advice please..

flashbax
flashbax Posts: 52
edited May 2009 in MTB beginners
Hello good people of the forum. Just want to say you guys have a really good forum going here, i've been skimming over it now for a few wks just looking for info and advice and can say I found both. Now i'm getting back into MTBing after a few years out ,bike was stolen never recovered and at the time i didnt have the funds to get another. Now awaiting my GT avalanche 1.0 to get back on the trails..I'm fairly fit and keep active. But after a few yrs out not to sure if getting right back into likes of Llandegla or my local peak
district runs is pushing it a bit to much..I'm no expert and the bike i had was a carerra kracken i changed the forks for rockshox and that was it and it survived a good 12mths of stick. The GT has SR MAG-32, 100mm..Now will i need to change these or will they stand up to a run at places like Llandegla? The bike seems to have some good kit on it and TBH i cannot afford anything else. This will be the first time i've used hydrolic brakes to and i'm really looking forward to the expirience...

Comments

• elPedro666
    elPedro666 Posts: 1,060
    Forks will be fine for general xc (including Llandegla - I happily ride there rigid), looks like a nice bike!

Llandegla has an easy blue route if you want to break yourself - and the new bike - in gently. Just get out and enjoy yourself, it'll all be fine...! 8)

Erm, breaking in the brakes, anyone? :oops:
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    25.0mm-26.2mm seatpost shim
    Red X-Lite bling
    Specialized ladies BG saddle (white?) 155mm
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
    Flatbars 620mm 25,4mm & swept, ti in an ideal world
  • The forks shouldn't break but if they do they do, just get 'em replaced under warranty.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Will be ok for Peak district as well, just need to pick lines a bit more rather than just trying to smash through the rocky bits.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • flashbax
    Just had a call from TREDZ the place i was getting the GT from, they informed me its now out of stock until aug :( So i chose the SCOTT ASPECT RATIO 20,,,Is this a good choice it looks pretty much the same and is lighter but are scott as tough as GT???
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It is ok, but not as good spec as the GT.
  • flashbax
    I was hoping they would be pretty much the same...Oh well its orderd now so until i get up to a good level i'll make do, then move onto something better..Always wanted a full sus santa cruize but it would be wasted on me at the mo :lol:

Thanks for the help everyone :D