Midlands Women's TT Series 2009 - Event 1 Report

BeaconRuth
BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
edited May 2009 in Amateur race
The first event in the Series took place on 2nd May run by the Coventry CC - the Diana Cooke Memorial 10-mile TT. The report is here: http://www.midlanddc.org.uk/index.php?q ... my/term/15

If any women would like to know more about the Series, drop me a pm. Any woman of any abillity level can come and join in.

Ruth

Comments

• Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Very well done on your win Ruth! It bodes well for the National 10.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • BeaconRuth
    Thanks Jeff. Will have to see how it goes for the National 10. I've never yet made the podium in the 10. :(

Ruth
  • Jeff Jones
    It's a tough one to place highly in for sure. Best of luck!

I decided not to enter in the end because I didn't know how long it'd take to get over my injury. But I've made lots of progress (thanks to stretching) in the last couple of weeks so the national 25 is go.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • BeaconRuth
    Great - hopefully see you at that one then. Got to get my entry in the post today.

Glad to hear your injury is improving. Have you stayed off the bike altogether or just avoided racing?

Ruth
  • Jeff Jones
    I had five days off after your event (blog coming...), then finally figured out the right calf stretch to do and started riding easy again last Saturday. Can't believe the difference that stretching has made! I've nearly gotten back to full range of motion now (not sure if I ever had it in the left leg, to be honest) which means walking and riding is painless.

This week I managed two pretty hard days in a row on Wed/Thurs with no pain and no inflammation afterwards. So I'm confident I can race again and will do so in the Somer Valley 29 on Sunday. Unfortunately the fitness has gone a little south but that'll come back.

Good luck if you're racing on the weekend!
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • BeaconRuth
    Glad to hear you think the injury is fully better - very frustrating to have to deal with that mid-season. Good luck in your race. No racing for me this weekend - which is bliss!

Ruth