1st post, introduction and a what bike question

mottles
mottles Posts: 203
edited May 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi there

Just though I would post to say hello and introduce myself. I used to cycle alot when I as younger but through one reason or another stopped. I've kind of fallen behind about what is on the market and what I should looking for.

Work have given me the option to take up the cycle2work halfords scheme which is seems like to good of an opportunity to turn down.

My employer have said I have up to £600 to spend on and this is where forum power comes in.

I have in mind the Specialized rockhopper disc but i'm hoping you guys can recommend me something else. I've seen good reviews on here about genesis cycles and cube but no idea if halfords can source these whereas specialized can be.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and cheers in advance for helping me out!!
Specialized Pitch Comp - Mr Glass' Monster
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 3#16136203

Comments

• Mupp1t
    Mupp1t Posts: 6
    If i was not 6ft 8 and could fit on a 20" Carrera Kraken/Fury i would have bought one as my first bike, the spec for the money you spend is great, and its ideal to learn to ride on again :D, just a shame i was to big and they told me they don't have 22s.

ps, it was 20% off last week, i wonder if they offer this again for may bank holiday