specialized (obviously) p1

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2009 in Your mountain bikes
here's the newest addition:

3517605741_c8b1437927.jpg

i replaced the stem for a black truvativ one and the cranks for a set of black atomlab GI and the wheels might well be getting swapped for some halos.

weighs in at about 32 lbs which i think is suprisingly heavy. im never gonna use it as a jump bike but it was bought with a view to using for 4x and blasts around the local bmx track although i dont really know if it is the right kind of bike.

incidentaly, what is the correct bike for 4x?

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    alright for 4x, better now with the pike than it was with the zochis. L :shock: ks good, my next type of bike me thinks....
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Anonymous
    im lucky i bought it with the pikes fitted (as well as the short rear block, 105 mech, e13 chain device, front hope hubbed wheel and v12 mags) for a bargain price of 400 quid!!

i retro fitted the stem (to replace a white deity one) and cranks and got rid of the websters avid bb5 brakes for the set of giant mph4 brakes off of another non specialized bike i own.

tis a fun thing and i even took it for quick pootle round the woods near my house which was exhausting to be honest.
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    It's too shiny and 32lbs :shock:
    Looks lighter than that !!
  • Anonymous
    i think the frame (which is steel) must be a fair contributor and i think the cranks are about 1.4 kilos.

does seem heavy but feels pretty nippy to ride (if that makes any sense) and im not intending to ride up any hills on it!!
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    I keep saying it, but that is a hot colour.

Pure bargain on the price too!!

S-weet! 8)
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Anonymous
    the colour was definately a big draw as i was nearly going to buy a p2 due to the spec but i prefered the color of this one so was glad to find one specced like this.
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Colour is gorgeous - I want one! :D
  • Anonymous
    im really enjoying it to be honest, i still feel a bit old for this type of thing but its a bit of a larf!!

just read that one of the mbuk writers has one and it is featured in the staff bikes section, he seems to like it and has it for the same type of thing as i am aspiring to do but its presence in mbuk makes me feel more like i shouldnt have one!!

mind you he has some nice looking ginger bars on it which i like the look of. i should probably actually ride it a bit before i buy anything else for it!!
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    How is the 'skill learning' going? - Looks like it would manual super easy.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Anonymous
    ive not been out on it for about a week but the last attempt was getting there, im upto about 4 or 5 feet which isnt far i know but i only managed about 1 foot on any of my full sussers.

keep forgettingthe back brake though so end up jumping off th back all the time!!
  • Bungalow Bill
    Bungalow Bill Posts: 643
    One of the guys I ride with has a P1 08 I think it is the chunkier frame, uses it for hardtail downhill. I picked it up once and I swear I put my back the thing weighs a fracking ton!!!!!
    I use all 9 inches.

Sabrina