Dan Lloyd gets

dave_1
dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited May 2009 in Pro race
a last minute call up to the Giro. Great to see that.....I remember he was questioning how long he could really go on in small budget teams a few years back pre An Post...

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/Dan ... 81919.html

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Pierre managed to get an interview

Sorry
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    When was the last time there were nine British riders in a grand tour?

Okay, ignoring the fact that one's Belgian, one's Maltese, one's Kenyan and one's Finnish :lol:
  • dave_1
    afx237vi wrote:
    When was the last time there were nine British riders in a grand tour?

Okay, ignoring the fact that one's Belgian, one's Maltese, one's Kenyan and one's Finnish :lol:

Millar grew up in Scotland to age 6...to be fair he has pretty strong links. Didn't wegelius grew up totally in the UK. I agree the Kenyan hasn't the vaguest connection to UK racing. Who is Belgian? :lol:
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I'm guessing Wiggins.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I thought Wiggins was Australian? At least his dad was.....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • dave_1
    which cycling racing scene did they develop in as an amatuer, which coaches, which clubs...if it was all in the UK then they are British in most people's eyes and Brits can take the credit for it...Froome...is a bit of a sciandri type situation...Dario Cioni is Scottish then
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I thought Wiggins was Australian? At least his dad was.....

I think the poster was alluding to the fact that the Wiggins family moved to Gent shortly after Brad was born. It wasn't that long ago that I read his autobiography, but I've already forgotten the details. I remember all the stories about his boozing though...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I thought Wiggo was born in Gent. It was a question on Eggheads last week!
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Wiggins was born in Gent when his dad was racing over there, grew up in Maida Vale, London though, raced for Archer CC as junior didn't he?