Giro GC Contendors

2»

Comments

• timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Timoid. wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Oz Chief wrote:
    Also regarding the allegations, someone will have to explain that to me too. Is it just because he was team-mates with Ullrich
    Not so much the mere fact of being a team mate, rather it appears that Telekom/T-Mobile had an organised doping programme for their riders. It takes a leap of faith to imagine one rider, whether Rogers or another, was shielded from this.

Was that programme there when Evans was with T mobile though? Maybe Rogers isn't the only aussie that isn't squeaky clean. Where does it leave Cavendish. Stagiere in 2006?

I don't trust that team still.

In 2004 the t-mobile team suffered from food poisoning on one stage in the Vuelta forcing a lot to struggle or drop out but Evans managed to battle on and finish sixth with Zabel also doing well.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/vu ... /vuelta045

I have seen speculation on other forums about what the cause of this may have been but it could mean anything. Maybe it is down to dietary choice.

True. But that could have genuinely been bad meat. And Evans definitely wouldn't eat meat.

I trust Evans and Columbia as far as Iain can throw Cuddly Bob
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Timoid. wrote:

True. But that could have genuinely been bad meat. And Evans definitely wouldn't eat meat.

I trust Evans and Columbia as far as Iain can throw Cuddly Bob

Careful now, I've seen iain throw his effigy of Cuddly Bob a very long way. And it's very lifelike.

:D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Oz Chief
    Oz Chief Posts: 176
    Well it’s been quite an education thankyou guys. You have removed some of the cotton wool from my eyes.

Just a few follow up questions

Do you guys follow cycling that can involve doping, or follow doping that can involve cycling? I was obviously had my tongue firmly planted in cheek regarding “Aussies don’t take drugs”, but outside of Nathan O’Neil (who I had to google cos i’d never heard of him), it’s all just innuendo and guilty by association. You could make the same, and you probably do, guilty by association and innuendo claim for Contador, Armstrong, Levi, Kloden, Schleck x 2, Valverde and Sastre. The only others I can’t think of anything for is Menchov, Di Luca and Cunego, but i’m sure you’ve all got something on them.

Now you’ve all been cycling fans for longer than I have so you’ve probably been let down many times before, but honestly, do you guys think that any of the top riders are ‘clean’? If the answer is no, then you either should stop following cycling, or concede that is a level playing field, and the best rider will win anyway.

I personally believe there are clean riders, I just don’t know which ones. So unless they get caught, clean enough, so some cotton wool remaining.

Now will someone answer my friggen question as to why Rogers is $67 for Giro and $26 for the Tour, because I can’t work it out?
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Oz Chief wrote:
    Di Luca

Type in the following three words:

Oil For Drugs
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Oz Chief wrote:
    Well it’s been quite an education thankyou guys. You have removed some of the cotton wool from my eyes.

Just a few follow up questions

Do you guys follow cycling that can involve doping, or follow doping that can involve cycling? I was obviously had my tongue firmly planted in cheek regarding “Aussies don’t take drugs”, but outside of Nathan O’Neil (who I had to google cos i’d never heard of him), it’s all just innuendo and guilty by association. You could make the same, and you probably do, guilty by association and innuendo claim for Contador, Armstrong, Levi, Kloden, Schleck x 2, Valverde and Sastre. The only others I can’t think of anything for is Menchov, Di Luca and Cunego, but i’m sure you’ve all got something on them.

I think you still have some cotton wool clogging up your eyes there...

Menchov has links with the Humanplasma blood doping lab in Austria.

Di Luca has been involved in more doping stories than Iain has done Cycling Reports. Excluded from the Tour de France for being recorded talking to Fast Eddy Mazzoleni about drugs, part of the Oil For Drugs investigation, pisses the urine of a prepubescent boy... and he looks shifty.

Cunego used Luigi Cecchini as his preparatore for many years... although he ended that relationship last year and now wears a "doping free" fake tattoo. So he must be clean.
    Now you’ve all been cycling fans for longer than I have so you’ve probably been let down many times before, but honestly, do you guys think that any of the top riders are ‘clean’? If the answer is no, then you either should stop following cycling, or concede that is a level playing field, and the best rider will win anyway.

Disagree. I think most of the top riders are using something. I still like cycling. I like the passion, the drama, the nice countryside pictures, the lazy afternoons listening to Kelly's dulcet tones in the background. I still think the sport needs to combat doping and kick out dopers.

The field is not even and it is not fair. But I'm not going to stop watching.
    I personally believe there are clean riders, I just don’t know which ones. So unless they get caught, clean enough, so some cotton wool remaining.

Now will someone answer my friggen question as to why Rogers is $67 for Giro and $26 for the Tour, because I can’t work it out?

Because Rogers is still recovering from that conven... er, I mean nasty bout of swine flu he just had. Either that or bookmakers know crap-all about cycling. Probably the latter.

Or you might be looking at a betting exchange instead of a bookmakers and the market isn't fluid yet.
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Edit - what he said :roll: