Vatternrunden Sweden mid June

weeve
weeve Posts: 393
Anyone joining the 17000 or so swedes apart from me? Got a start at 10pm....mmmmm lovely ... 300km after a full weeks work...cant wait

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    This is on my list for next year 8)
  • zoomcp
    zoomcp Posts: 975
    weeve wrote:
    Anyone joining the 17000 or so swedes apart from me?

yes; riding from Stockholm over 2 days for an 02.32 start

what hope of a 12 hr finish after very leisurely 300 and 400 (less than 20kph overall) Audaxes? :oops: there's a growing contingent from various UK places making the trip; make yourself known at the start :D
  • weeve
    right ho, thanks!
  • Captain Fagor
    Captain Fagor Posts: 739
    Great event: did it in '06 (lovely weather) and will go back one year.

And keep a look out for roadside eye candy. Hubba hubba hubba!!!!!! :P
  • weeve
    err yeah I will ...although as the mrs is a swede and is also doing it it'll be sly glances only ...I'll encourage her to ride in front ;)
  • RichardFcp
    RichardFcp Posts: 155
    Going back for a 2nd crack after last year with a 00.20 start time. Team of 8 seems to have been whittled down to just 3 now so at least we won't be towing any excess baggage around with us.
    anyone starting same -ish time (10pm)...most fast groups go later on but I always welcme a tow (or at least a share of the work )
  • zoomcp
    zoomcp Posts: 975
    anyone want to meet up in Motala on the Thursday night? trying to source some affordable beer :P
  • GeorgeShaw
    GeorgeShaw Posts: 764
    Good luck to everybody - I won't be there this year but planning to return in 2010. Just remember - the group is your friend. I'm rubbish and managed a fraction over 10 hours last year, mainly by sitting in large groups. It's wonderful sailing along at 40kph with little effort ... :D
  • Captain Fagor
    Captain Fagor Posts: 739
    GeorgeShaw wrote:
    Good luck to everybody - I won't be there this year but planning to return in 2010. Just remember - the group is your friend. I'm rubbish and managed a fraction over 10 hours last year, mainly by sitting in large groups. It's wonderful sailing along at 40kph with little effort ... :D

It just goes to show you how different people and different years give different experiences. My one and only VR was a work-fest, with the vast majority of my ride being in a six-man through and off (five Czech guys and me), with two of the Czechs doing very, very short turns. I finished back in Motala a while before 6am, with only a dozen or so riders ahead of me, and with blurred vision in my right eye. Wonderful!

If I ever find a laydee and settle down, I'll bore my grandchildren with that story!! :D
  • weeve
    ok so its forecast for heavy rain all friday through sat am, wind and cool. In reponse I have no decent waterproof or water proof gloves - f'kin A