My Cube Reaction K18

Glen@LunaticRiders
Glen@LunaticRiders Posts: 18
edited May 2009 in Your mountain bikes
My new Cube Reaction K18 '09 Black Anodised.

_MG_6343a.jpg

_MG_6344.jpg

_MG_6345.jpg

Frame:
HPA 7005 Advanced Hydroform Triple Butted 20" Black Anodized

Forks:
Fox F100RL Remote 100mm, Remote-Lockout

Headset:
FSA Orbit Z semi-integrated

Stem:
Syntace F139

Handlebar:
Syntace Duraflite 2014 incl. RFR-Barends

Rear Deraileur:
Shimano Deore XT Shadow

Front Derailleur:
Shimano Deore XT

Shifters:
Shimano Deore XT Rapidfire-Plus 9-s.

Braking System:
Formula Oro K18 hydr. disc brake (180/160mm)

Crank Set:
Shimano Deore XT Hollowtech II, 44x32x22, 175mm

Cassette:
Shimano HG50 11-32, 9-s.

Chain:
Shimano HG53

Wheel Set:
Sunringlé Ryde XMB

Front Tyre:
Schwalbe Rocket Ron Kevl.

Rear Tyre:
Schwalbe Racing Ralph Kevl.TC.2.25

Pedals:
DMR V12

Seat:
Fi'zi:k Tundra MG

Seat Post:
RFR Prolight 31.6mm Setback

Comments

• Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    Very nice! Stealth bike 8)
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Speed_King
    Speed_King Posts: 510
    nice bike but you need an accessory in your rear derailleur, goto my mates thread about his trek fuel ex6 his name is jamesst on here, he has on page two i think showing the set of red jockey wheels as he also has the red theme going on, and he pointed out this firm who supply them called clee cycles, if you look on my page too ( bling bling lightning quick) i have the gold set as i got the gold theme on mine!! YOu should get a set of red ones mate would look good on your bike.

Nice ride though!

Keep on trekking!!
    G.H.Allum
  • Cheers speed King, sounds pretty cool will go have a looky-see right now ! :D
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    aw Cubes are so damn braw! :shock:
  • endeenie
    endeenie Posts: 3
    Hey Glen_Cube_Reaction, how tall are you? This is the bike I'm after. My LBS told me I'd need a 22" (I'm 6' 3") - rather than a 20". Unfortunately they didn't have either for me try out. What dyer reckon folks?
  • endeenie wrote:
    Hey Glen_Cube_Reaction, how tall are you? This is the bike I'm after. My LBS told me I'd need a 22" (I'm 6' 3") - rather than a 20". Unfortunately they didn't have either for me try out. What dyer reckon folks?

Hi endeenie, I opted for a 20" frame and i'm 6' 1". This is something I really stewed over, as I was really worried on blowing £1400 on the wrong size bike, and being stuck with the wrong choice !

I did some research on the net, and spoke to one of my best mates, who's been into bikes for years, he used to ride his road bike for 60 miles every sunday, has a FS XC bike and goes to the Alpes every year for some serious DH on his Norco DH bike. And all the advice was the same ........

The frame size is not the most important part, setting everything up to fit you is ! Obviously I'm not saying buy a 17" frame, but a smaller frame tends to offer better handling characteristics, my friend says buy the smallest frame that fits you. The 20" is perfect for me defo, I was thinking of going for the 22", but now i'm glad i didn't.

Not sure if this helps or not, as your a little taller than me. Would be good if you could get a ride on one ! My LBS is having a meet up at a local ride with marin and cube supplying bikes for those who sign up for a free test ride. I think it's this Thursday, if not next Thursday. Langdon hills, Essex. If ya close PM and i'll sort ya out the details !!
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    Nice bike Glen :)

On the sizing...I'm 6'4 and ride an 18" frame. Go and try one see what you feel is most comfortable.
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Why aren't Cube's more popular in the UK? They're good bikes, and they look sweet.

C'mon guys!!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Why aren't Cube's more popular in the UK? They're good bikes, and they look sweet.

C'mon guys!!

I'm not up-to-date really, but has Cube had distribution in the UK for long ? I'd never heard of them, stumbled across them whilst searching for a new bike, and loved the look of them, after seeing one in the flesh, waited for pay day, went back and ordered one !!

Now i'm soooooo hooked on MTB'ing !! :D
  • Eranu:
    Hi, see you have a reaction also, and it looks awesome ! Although I noticed it looks a little different to mine, which model ? It looks like K18 brakes, but not Fox fork ? Is this maybe an '08 model ????

Or have you just changed bits to prefered parts ????
  • endeenie
    endeenie Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice Glen, nice one. I live up in the Peak District otherwise that would be a good option. I defo need to try before I buy so will find out if there's anything going on local. Cheers dude, v jealous of your bike!!
  • k2rider
    k2rider Posts: 575
    nice uncomplicated bike unspoilt by silly un necessary colour coded crap, i like it.
    who cares?
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    Yeah mines an 08, so it came with a Reba Team U-turn fork. I think the other differences are fairly minor; wheels, tyres, grips, shifters etc
  • Speed_King
    me thinks you prtest about my bike too much and seeing as you have plasteredd a mates bike across MY page valued at about 3-4K probably ? i dont see how you can talk, you do sound like you ar every proud of your mates machine and it is nice but dont critisize those who do it its personal choice mate!! And i seem to have a large following and started a trend which FYI MBUK are going to maybe use for the future issues of the great mag so i didnt do too bad a job by starting this bling thing did i?
    G.H.Allum
  • Speed_King
    OH and k2rider he has got the colour coded thing going on or cant you see it ? lol
    G.H.Allum