Bianchi bike sizing?

captainchucky
captainchucky Posts: 43
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
Im considering buying a 2nd hand bianchi Nirone 7 Xenon 2009 (50cm). Im 5'7, and not sure whether this would be suitable.

I've previously had a 57cm commencal colt - which i hated. Too big for me.

Does anyone know whether this would be suitable, or if you have a bianchi, what height and frame size you went for.

Comments

• magliaceleste
    magliaceleste Posts: 748
    I've had a couple of Bianchi's (1885 and 928 non-C2C version). I'm just about 5'8 and a 53cm frame fitted perfectly with a fair amount of seatpost showing. My preference was a 100mm stem (110mm would have been OK too).

I don't know for sure but It's possible a 50cm would be a little bit to small for you. The top tube isn't much different in length 1cm, but the down tube is 3cm shorter on the 50cm. The head tube is either 7mm or a 15mm shorter (can't read the low quality Bianchi drawing!)

Your best bet is to try it if you can, or try someone elses 53cm Bianchi, I honestly couldn't call it.
  • nipon
    nipon Posts: 68
    I am 5'7 and ride a 53cm frame Bianchi you might find the drop from saddle to bars a bit much on the smaller frame but as magliaceleste said would be good if you could try the different sizes first.
  • blongers
    blongers Posts: 19
    i'm 5'8" and ride a '55cm' bianchi with a 120 stem.... but it all depends on how the 5'8" is proportioned i suppose...

bianchi's sizing seems a little different to most other manufacturers.... for instance, the exact same measurements with colnago would mean you buying one of their frames at marketed at 52.5!!

i would say that you would be very cramped on the the 50cm and this won't be remedied with a longer stem because the whole balance on the bike would be out...
    i tried a 53cm but felt too cramped and upright...
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    Try here:

http://www.bianchi.com/common/products2009/Download/Bianchi_Range2009_Geometries_Road.pdf

FWIW I'm 5' 9" and ride a 55cm 928 C2C which I think (and the bloke in my LBS too!) fits like a glove.
  • bigbelly
    bigbelly Posts: 83
    I have a Bianchi, C2C 928 carbon 53 cm frame which fits me perfectly. I am also 5' 7 so I think you are in the right ball park. The seatpost isn't enormously showing and depending on the handlebars, the hand position on the drops and the hoods are fine for me. Good luck with your purchase.
    shame the rider doesn't match the bike...