enter on the line

John C.
John C. Posts: 2,113
edited May 2009 in Amateur race
The Chevin Yorkshire series is proving so popular there will be no more enter on the line. Is there any other racing in North Yorkshire where I can enter on the line. I have never raced before and would just like to have a go.
http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
Hills are just a matter of pace

Comments

• wheeler585
    wheeler585 Posts: 552
    Hi, yeah you can go to croft circuit, and enter on the line, you will defo get a ride, be there for around 6, kick off at quarter past 7.
    Up hup hup hup.....fricking hate that!
  • John C.
    wheeler585 wrote:
    Hi, yeah you can go to croft circuit, and enter on the line, you will defo get a ride, be there for around 6, kick off at quarter past 7.

Many thanks.
    Any more details ? day ? race distance ? how do they work ? contacts ?

• wheeler585
    wheeler585 Posts: 552
    Yeah no probs! Well there every tuesday, at croft circuit, its 15 laps, which adds up to 35 miles. There are 5 groups i think, red green white yellow and orange, orange being scratch group the reds being beginners. There are prime's on a few laps, £5 each, the pace can be very high as the course is very flat and smooth. Its £10 for non tli members, £8 i think for members, but you can aquire a day pass, which adds up to the £10, as i said above. As i said, get there for about 6, so you have time to warm up and get signed in, also tea and cakes for afterwards!! :wink:
    Up hup hup hup.....fricking hate that!
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Where is croft circuit, is it within riding distance of York? (I.e.within about max of 15 miles)
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • shockedsoshocked
    shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
    nolf wrote:
    Where is croft circuit, is it within riding distance of York? (I.e.within about max of 15 miles)

Just outside Darlington. A good warm up from York :D
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • John C.
    Sounds good I'll try and make it in the next couple of weeks, many thanks.
    Just out of intrest (fright) what do you mean when you say the pace can be very high ?
    As a total novice am I going to be spat out of the back in the first 100yds never to be seen again ? Shocked you know my fitness better than most.

• jongooligan
    jongooligan Posts: 223
    John C. wrote:
    As a total novice am I going to be spat out of the back in the first 100yds never to be seen again ?.

Don't worry about it. If you go out the back you can latch onto the next group that comes past (maybe :wink: ).

Only went down a couple of times last season and haven't been at all this season but riders of all standards have a go and usually enjoy it. As I remember the slow group always gets caught because the circuit is so small. Because of this they often don't try that hard at the start so it's unlikely you'll get spat out.

There's a good atmosphere and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
  • John C.
    With a track of only a couple of miles long I suppose the total novices will get lapped a couple of times. Thanks for the reasurance.

• nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    That does look like a good warmup. Might need to bring my lights for the way home though and they'll weigh me down loooads during the race. Not really worth it.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • shockedsoshocked
    shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
    John C. wrote:
    Shocked you know my fitness better than most.

It's hard to judge really! I wouldn't say you'll do badly. A few mates of mine go and there's always a group to ride round with, even if you've been lapped, but good riding in the bunch will help a lot while you get used to the pace i'd guess. May as well try it and see!
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015