BHF Bedgebury 12 Hour Night Challenge

Ridg
Ridg Posts: 98
edited September 2009 in XC and Enduro
can't see any other posts about this, saw it in MBR last night, who else is going to take part in the first one?

https://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/tak ... ps=1000475

it runs for 8pm to 8am, so better start charging those batteries now :lol:

Comments

• Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Mmm..... jurys out for me...

250+ riders on the ST at any one time, slight hint of rain and you'd better bring your wellies and snorkel.

Bedgebury doesnt hold up well to abuse at the best of times, so could be a mud-fest.

Plenty of discussion going on over at http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk

"I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • dot1
    dot1 Posts: 538
    that'll ding dang do for me! where do i sign?! when it says teams of 2-4, does that mean in a team of 4, each rider does 3 hours riding? dont think theres any chance me or my bike would be able to handle 12 hours riding!
    Trek Remedy 7 2009
    viewtopic.php?t=12634629

Boardman Pro Singlespeed - Sold
    viewtopic.php?t=12752297&highlight=

Giant Defy 5 2012
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Do as much or as little as you like - its an Enduro so as a team you can decide how you want to do it. Your 3hrs of riding could be done in 3 x 1hr stints if you want.... If you have a really fit team member, they may want to do more so you do less.

If the loop its the normal Red Route singletrack, that takes approx 1hr to complete, so fairly easy to work out.

Theres no prizes, nor is it a race, just a bit of fun with men in the woods at night.... :shock:
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • Bmjboy wrote:
    just a bit of fun with men in the woods at night.... :shock:

Fnarr fnarr!
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • rakh1
    rakh1 Posts: 49
    It was awesome - by making teams realy there were not too many on course at once and, as the rain held, so did the track.

http://rakh1.blogspot.com/2009/09/insom ... ebury.html

R
  • Ridg
    Well done to everyone that took part, esp the numerous non mountain bikers, that were quite clearly there for the charity aspect, so fair play to them!

I did it as a solo, only did 10 laps, probably could have done an 11th but given the downpour decided not too as could have seen it causing an accident on the roots and slippy rocks.

Does anyone know if the result are online yet, the bloke said that he would have had them up last night, but I cant remember the name of the company lol
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Yep I managed 5 in total, how anyone managed to do 15 bets me.
  • Ridg
    anjs wrote:
    Yep I managed 5 in total, how anyone managed to do 15 bets me.

yeah that bloke was a machine, he went past me twice :-(
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    He actually looked ok at the end as well unlike the guy who came second who could not even walk.
  • Ridg wrote:
    Well done to everyone that took part, esp the numerous non mountain bikers, that were quite clearly there for the charity aspect, so fair play to them!

That would have been me and my three friends!
    We raised £1055 so far and had a great time doing it.
    Hope we got out the way of you serious guys quickly enough not to spoil your laps :D

Collectively it was our first ever event and we came respectfully mid table in the teams of two section. It was the lack of sleep which did for us in the end. We had a break between 3-6am but got out for a wet lap at the end!

Something in the daylight might suit us better!
  • Ridg
    custard80 wrote:
    Ridg wrote:

That would have been me and my three friends!
    We raised £1055 so far and had a great time doing it.
    Hope we got out the way of you serious guys quickly enough not to spoil your laps :D

Collectively it was our first ever event and we came respectfully mid table in the teams of two section. It was the lack of sleep which did for us in the end. We had a break between 3-6am but got out for a wet lap at the end!

Something in the daylight might suit us better!

Hats or helmets off to you then sir!

Good to hear that you had a good time too.