Forum home Mountain biking forum Your mountain bikes

Specialized Pitch - Project almost complete.

2»

Posts

  • Tim.sTim.s Posts: 515
    Yeah a friend of mine rides at Leckhampton a bit, I think its quite tame compared to the 'proper' trail centers. Been meaning to have a look for a while.

    Have a look here -

    http://www.moredirt.co.uk/trail/0/Leckh ... rails/279/
    "Didn't hurt"
  • specialized always be 1st on my list.
    but this pitch is too good to be true :shock:
    great rig !!! bravo.. :D
    Ride now - Ride forever
  • Zaskar20Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Tim.s wrote:
    Yeah a friend of mine rides at Leckhampton a bit, I think its quite tame compared to the 'proper' trail centers. Been meaning to have a look for a while.

    Leckky looks mint.

    Have a gander at this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq07wOOGteQ :D

    Get on M5 at A/mouth or Cribs and your there in 30 mins.
  • Zaskar20Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    specialized always be 1st on my list.
    but this pitch is too good to be true :shock:
    great rig !!! bravo.. :D

    Thanks alot......Had a look at yours - pretty damn good, I like the Black/Red thing going on.

    What are the trails like in your neck of the woods?
  • Si78Si78 Posts: 963
    lovely looking bike, looks 'clean and un-cluttered' ... especially like the way its looks white from the front 8)

    Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Zaskar20Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Si78 wrote:
    lovely looking bike, looks 'clean and un-cluttered' ... especially like the way its looks white from the front 8)

    Si

    Thanks Si

    I've had a look at your new bike, looks great - hope you enjoy.

    I got mine from Halfords on the C2W scheme too. I just went ahead and upgraded straight away. I know the bike is technically my employers for the first year, but I've kept all the components and they all just bolt back on if necessary. :lol:

    Besides I'm thinking about saving for a top frame and then I'll just transfer all the new components over and convert the Pitch back to standard.
  • Si78Si78 Posts: 963
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    Thanks Si

    I've had a look at your new bike, looks great - hope you enjoy.

    I got mine from Halfords on the C2W scheme too. I just went ahead and upgraded straight away. I know the bike is technically my employers for the first year, but I've kept all the components and they all just bolt back on if necessary. :lol:

    Besides I'm thinking about saving for a top frame and then I'll just transfer all the new components over and convert the Pitch back to standard.

    Hi Zaskar20,

    Cheers for the nice words about my bike :)

    Im just starting out with mtb'ing, so have no-where near the knowledge you have as regards bike up-grading. But im loving the way that with a bit of thought and imagination, a bit of time and a bit of money you can create a unique bike. And if you change your mind you can bolt something else on. Fantastic!

    Si

    p.s. how much did the pitch weigh before you started upgrading it?
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Zaskar20Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Si78 wrote:

    Hi Zaskar20,

    Cheers for the nice words about my bike :)

    Im just starting out with mtb'ing, so have no-where near the knowledge you have as regards bike up-grading. But im loving the way that with a bit of thought and imagination, a bit of time and a bit of money you can create a unique bike. And if you change your mind you can bolt something else on. Fantastic!

    Si

    p.s. how much did the pitch weigh before you started upgrading it?

    Hi again

    For me, fettling with my bikes between rides gives me almost as much of a buzz as riding them.
    The weight of the pitch, as standard, was a couple of pounds heavier. I haven't particularly chosen lighter upgrades, just better engineered and more reliable components that just happen to look fancy too.

    I always go down a frame size too when I choose a frame. (I don't know if there are significant weight gains by doing this) I am about 5'11''. Some riders would say I'm too tall for a small/16'' frame but it suits me down to the ground and makes the bike more 'chuckable'. For my own personal taste, the Pitch 'fits like a glove'.:D
  • zogzog Posts: 46
    Im liking the bike, specialy them pimpy hoops....
  • lawmanlawman Posts: 6,868
    wow i love what you've done to that it looks mint

    how did all the upgrades cost im guessin about 1200 quid???
  • Zaskar20Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    lawman wrote:
    wow i love what you've done to that it looks mint

    how did all the upgrades cost im guessin about 1200 quid???

    Thanks for the comment.

    Your about right with the guess probably about £100 more in truth.

    The bike is not going to be in this guise for much longer though. I love the ride the spesh gives so much that I'm getting an Enduro SL Carbon frame and swapping all the parts I've put on the Pitch to this. I will then restore the Pitch back to it's original state.

    2 great bikes from 1! :D
  • WhytepeakWhytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    2 great bikes from 1! :D

    Thats not really true, oh never mind... :roll:

    Have you taken a test on an enduro?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Zaskar20Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    2 great bikes from 1! :D

    Thats not really true, oh never mind... :roll:

    Have you taken a test on an enduro?

    The Pitch is exactly the same geometry as the Enduro, also, one of my mates I go riding with has one. But I haven't tried the carbon version.
  • WhytepeakWhytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Fairplay.

    Tis the season to be building bikes for sure... :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Zaskar20Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Don't know which I prefer most building or riding? - at least one comes without bursting lungs and burning quads! :lol:
  • WhytepeakWhytepeak Posts: 2,616
    If its wet and windy - its build time :D

    Sunny and dry - its normally build time as well atm :cry:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • jay12jay12 Posts: 6,306
    that bike looks so nice, great job mate :D 8)
  • Zaskar20Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    jay12 wrote:
    that bike looks so nice, great job mate :D 8)

    Many thanks for your comments. :D Just going to post on your thread.
  • Zaskar20Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    zog wrote:
    Im liking the bike, specialy them pimpy hoops....

    Alright zog?

    Can you see the wonderfully crafted tension - hand tightened into those spokes? :lol:

    Built by some nutter wheel builder that used to build wheels for Rob Warner when he was riding for Team Giant................ apparantly! :wink:
    Maybe that's why whenever Warner had his piccy in the mags he always had a Taco'd wheel? :lol:

    If you want to see the wheels they're now on this heap of junk.http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12630040

    Cheers.
Sign In or Register to comment.