Parbold Hill v Holm Moss (A6024 Woodhead Road Holmfirth)

Jillthis
Jillthis Posts: 5
can anyone tell me how the A6024 Woodhead Road near Holmfirth (I think its called Holm Moss) compares to Parbold Hill? I want to do the A6024 but not sure if I'll manage it. I've done Parbold half a dozen times & I can manage Higher Lane going on to Lees Lane. Thanks.

Comments

• Blonde
    Blonde Posts: 3,188
    Holme Moss is longer, has a higher overall gradient whereas Parbold is only 14% at the end and H-Moss is tough from both sides.
  • Jillthis
    Ok thanks for your reply, I suppose there's only really one way to find out!
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Lovely view from the top too!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • DaveMoss
    DaveMoss Posts: 236
    I'm unaware of any big earthquakes or earth movements in Lancashire in the last 40 years, So I assume Parbold Hill is still the same. In which case, either I was a much better, fitter junior than I remember, or Parbold Hill is nothing compared to the hills you get in most sportives. Holm Moss is much, much, harder, different league all together.

If you want to see a real hill in these shores, enter the southern upland sportive.
    Sportives and tours, 100% for charity, http://www.tearfundcycling.btck.co.uk
  • Jillthis
    I now have the answer to my question....... and I now know the 2 hills are in different leagues! but i did it, very very slowly but I did it! Thanks for your replies.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    which way up did you go? Cant decide if i prefer to go up from holmfirth or woodhead!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Jillthis
    from Holmfirth! That will do for me for now........... 1 hill at a time thank you!