STOLEN! Focus Cayo 2008 black carbon XS (50cm). Please help!

castawayboat
castawayboat Posts: 6
edited May 2009 in Amateur race
Stolen from Wellington Street, Bedford at approx 18.50 on Monday 26th April 09.

I only left it for a minute - I was about to ask the pub if I could bring it inside so I could watch over it!
To make matters worse I've just found out my bike insurance had expired, and it wasn't automatically renewed like car insurance is.

Standard features:

* General: This is a high-end racing bike and will be noticably good quality.

* High quality black carbon fibre frame with visible carbon pattern showing through the lacquer. All black with thin red pinstripe in some places. 'Focus' logo in several places. The front fork is shaped to be aerodynamic and is thinner at the back than the front.

* All the components (gear shifters, brakes, derailleurs etc. are 'Shimano Ultegra' in dark grey metal, except the crank (the 'arms' that the pedals are connected to) which are Truvative Elita and more 'silver' than the other components.

* Shimano Ultegra pedals. These are clip-on pedals, which you need special bike-shoes to use. Dark gray
metal.

* FSA 90mm metal stem (the bit that connects the handlebars to the frame).

* Concept seatpost and saddle. Saddle has a very small tear at one side where it has leaned against a wall.

* Schwalbe Slelvio tyres. Black in the centre, with two gray stripes running around them.

Non-standard features - which will be slightly different to those in the picture:

* The underside of the frame has been covered with clear 'helipcopter tape' for protection from stones etc. It's hard to see but there. The tape has been cut at the ends less tidily than you'd expect as I fitted it in a rush and couldn't get it under the cables very well, so this will be obvious if the tape's still on.

* FSA K-Force carbon handlebars. Drop bars (racing bike style). Black, but mostly covered in off-white bar tape. FSA and K-Force logos near the centre.

* Cinelli Lumen glow-in-the-dark bar tape - very noticable as an unusual, slightly green tinted off-white colour..

* Specialized Bar Phat gel pads - stuck to the handlebars under the bar tape. Not visible if tape is still on, but the handlebars would feel a bit padded and thicker than expected.

* Exposure quick release headlamp bracket. (Not the light though). Black, metal and with a metallic red release knob.

* Cateye Strada wireless cycle computer and fittings. Black. Mounted to stem. Wheel magnet and sensor on front fork near wheel.

* Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels. Black rims and spokes. Spokes are flat not round. Rear wheel running a bit out of true, so a slight wobble can be seen if the wheel is spun and you look carefully. Silver 'Ksyrium' wording easily visible around the rims and small yellow and red Mavic logo too.

* Specialized water bottle (translucent white with logo) and bottle cage (black plastic with logo).

* Plastic mount for Smart rear light fitted to seat-post.

I've described everything as well as I can. I hope it helps. I'm also trying to find the serial number. I'll provide this if I can.

The pub had several other bikes outside at the time so mine was not noticeably unlocked. It was tucked slightly behind another bike too. There are several houses and apartments which overlook the pub, maybe they saw something? The only vehicle I saw which would easily hold the bike was a white work-van (not new, small patches of rust) which drove off before I could get the registration number. It could have been driven by someone drinking in the pub.
The pub is very friendly and mostly serves regulars. Maybe someone knows who's the van was, or saw anything else suspicious?

Thanks again,

David Sawyer

07956 262 372

Comments

• Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    That's a shitty thing to have happened. Hope you find it. Any cctv cameras about? If you have house insurance it might have some cover?
    Keep an eye on ebay as it's the place to sell dodgy goods.