Bianchi She Alu Carbon Tiagra Triple

markmax
markmax Posts: 25
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
Hello there. Anyone got any experience of knowledge of this bike please? It's a couple of hundred quid above my budget but now my dear hubby is paying half, I can afford it. There are a few upgrades on it compared to the entry level road bikes that I am looking at - such as next group set up being Tiagra, mix of carbon in the frame and a carbon seatpost. There may be more but I don't know much about specs or makes, being a complete beginner.

Any views on this bike would be very welcome. Even if it is last year's model, or any views on Bianchi itself.

Thanks.

Comments

• zedders
    zedders Posts: 509
    As a bloke I can't really comment on girls bikes. But I will say that I have a Binachi c2c, which cost me £500, with sora (the bottom end gruppo). But its been fine & a problem free bike for nearly two years.
    Have a look at previous threads and you'll see bianchi are quite popular. I know there's loads of other brands (Giant, Trek etc) you could go for, but I don't think anyone would disagree if your just starting out you can't go to far wrong with Binachi. They have been around for a long time, know how to make bikes (good frames) and have all that Italian passion, tradition etc!
    Personally I wouldn't necessarily spend the extra on the bits you mention. There's enough expenses starting out as it is. But that's something you'll have to decide.
    Finally someone once said to me pick a bike you like the look of? Something that when you look at it in the garage or wherever, it says: 'ride me.' You don't want something that doesn't look right do you!
    happy hunting.
    "I spend my petrol money on Bikes, Beer, Pizza, and Donuts "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38256268@N04/3517156549/
  • torin
    torin Posts: 102
    Zedders its bianchi not binachi
  • markmax
    markmax Posts: 25
    Thanks for that information. The bike I was looking at is closer to £1k but could get it off the internet for £700. But now I got another one, a Trek, which is one you mentioned. I've got a 1.5 man's frame but was sized up and measured on this machine thing and they fitted the bike for me. It has ladies' handle bars and saddle etc. It looks a lovely bike and it does say "come ride me".........!