frame only under cyclescheme?

billy whippet
billy whippet Posts: 171
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
can i spend £1000 on a frame only under the cyclescheme or do i have to buy a complete bike?

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    The deal has to include a complete bike. You can buy certain accessories as well though.

Some shop may do a deal on a frame only, but the deal will be outside of the rules.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    As for the above, try Planet X :wink:
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    A LBS should let you blag it a bit because they get £1000 in their pocket. When i got my £1600 Madone on C2W i put £1000 on my voucher, £500 that was left on my girlfriends and paid £100 up front. I was lucky i guess but the shop made a total of £2100 that day. What do they care? They get their money straightaway and you pay goverment back. In todays climate they owe you!
  • kaimag11
    kaimag11 Posts: 31
    find a nice LBS, who is willing to help :wink::wink:
  • spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    I put my voucher towards a frameset. As others have said have a word with your LBS, or have a look around a few to see how they can help you out.

I thought Planet X had stopped using the Cyclescheme?
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I put my voucher towards a frameset. As others have said have a word with your LBS, or have a look around a few to see how they can help you out.

I thought Planet X had stopped using the Cyclescheme?

They may have done - it was 12 months ago when I was looking around for a new bike. Worth a try.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.