Wheelies bike shop

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper Posts: 420
edited March 2010 in MTB general
Does anyone know if there is staill a wheelies bike shop in neath or if there are any ather shops around the neath swansea area apart from Skyline and tredz.

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Wheelies and Tredz are part of the same company IIRC.
  • Stu T
    Stu T Posts: 127
    wheelies is the uplands is Swansea a fwe doors down from the Uplands Tavern
    I wear Lycra because I like the way it feels
  • M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    Agh the uplands tavern - spent quite a few drunk nights in there as a student :)
  • Stu T
    spent a fwe drunk afternoons as well LOL :D
  • Stormtrooper
    Yeah i know about the one in the uplands. But was just wondering if the one that was in Neath was still going.
  • paulscutt
    paulscutt Posts: 332
    dont know about the one in neath but uplands wheelies really sorted my bike out this wk - sorted my new transmission (x.9) fitted chain (i'm too lazy!) and taken my VERY STUCK IN rear canti bosses off all for £15 :) they are very helpful and great knowledge - they've just moved the shop around as well and looks even better now. Tredz is better for clothing but uplands wheelies for repairs and kit i'd say (although they are more expensive)
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

Specialized P.3 (custom) w/ Deore hydro discs, XT group, Blackspire device, Mavic D321's
  • Stu T
    well I work in Neath and never come across a bike shop there, hardly a big place
  • Stormtrooper
    Stu T wrote:
    well I work in Neath and never come across a bike shop there, hardly a big place

It used to be on the same road as the Ives Pub and the Duke.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    There is also Schmoos not far from the centre of Swansea, not much shiny stuff to look at but good for repairs
  • Wheelies in Neath closed down years ago!
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    The only wheelies i know of is the one in uplands, tis my local! shmoos may be worth a try, and tredz is alright.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • The is a new shop in Briton Ferry called Lodge Cycles. Des Betts who used to be the mechanic for the Giant Downhill Team owns it and does the repairs etc. Well worth a visit
  • IdleJon
    IdleJon Posts: 18
    Yes, Wheelies in Neath closed in early 2001, iirc.

TBH it was never much of a hardcore MTBers shop anyway - they used to sell more novelty valve caps than anything else.

It's the same company as Tredz and Wheelies Uplands.