fairly new rider needs bike buddy in the chesterfield area

Rodders1977
Rodders1977 Posts: 10
edited July 2009 in MTB rides
heya everyone, i live in chesterfield and im fairly new to the mtb scene. ive done edale route and a few local jollies and i love it but my friend i normally ride with cant get out as much as i do so if anyone fannnies doing aregular ride somewhere and can hopefully teach me a bit more than i know can yu let me know. cheers

Comments

• Stewwmb
    Stewwmb Posts: 257
    Are you still around mate?

I'm up for some rides around our fair town :)
  • yes mate, im about. im going out on friday if you fancy coming along. probably to dunstone woods, some decent downhill bits there.
  • Stewwmb
    Nice one, sorry mate I missed your post, let me know next time your having a run out and I will see if I can make it.

What type of riding you into anyway?
  • no worries mate, i normally do a bit of singletrack round the peaks which is always a laugh. typical mtb thing though i love the downhill parts but never was too keen on the uphill bits till recently, im enjoying the technical bits now.
    how about yourself? if you want to do a ride anytime then let me know and ill work round whats most convenient for yourself.
    last big ride i did was edale, had 2 nights camping out and 3 days of riding, absolutely loved it.
    me and my mate are definitely out friday if you fancy coming along
  • Stewwmb
    My usual riding time is Sunday mornings at around 8am.

Will be spreading out to Wednesdays in the evening at some point too.

My main riding is XC, I can't wheely I've tried lots cant do it :lol: Fast singletrack is my fav, there's a nice bit up near Holmesfield and on the way there there's a short sharp down hill with an awesome bermed corner half way down.

When you say Dunston woods do you mean the part at the side of the A61?
  • Stewwmb
    My usual riding time is Sunday mornings at around 8am.

Will be spreading out to Wednesdays in the evening at some point too.

My main riding is XC, I can't wheely I've tried lots cant do it :lol: Fast singletrack is my fav, there's a nice bit up near Holmesfield and on the way there there's a short sharp down hill with an awesome bermed corner half way down.

When you say Dunston woods do you mean the part at the side of the A61?
  • thats the one and same, its a hell of a lot of fun i was surprised when i first went there. someones made a trail themselves and its a bit of a technical downhilly try not to fall off part. its all good fun though. im up for a ride on wednsdays when you can get the time for it. and also if you ever need a riding buddy on sundays ill try and swing it so i can get out then. if you want to email me instead of logging on here my address is dave_smith_77@hotmail.co.uk
    where abouts in holmewood do you go?
  • haha holmesfield i should have put, i got holmewood on the brain