Orbea

marcthehammer
marcthehammer Posts: 126
edited May 2009 in Road beginners
Hi.Been riding for about a year now and im thinking of upgrading from my scott s60.Does anyone know if orbea bikes are any good? ive seen one i like the look of, its the Orbea gavia.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Comments

• Richard_D
    Richard_D Posts: 320
    I can not comment on the Gavia but I have had no problems with my Onix (3 months old) and the Orca has got some Bejiing medals to its credit
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I suspect the riders had more to do with the medals than the bikes.

More seriously, Orbea make good bikes, and if you like the look of a bike that's the one for you as long as it's the correct size.
  • fooshnicken
    fooshnicken Posts: 84
    I have an Orbea Fleche and I love it, I would definately buy another...in fact I will be later this year.
  • marcthehammer
    marcthehammer Posts: 126
    Went to my Lbs this afternoon to have a look at the orbea and a Bianchi look my eye.Now i dont know what one to choose!!
    SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I suggest you ride them and see which suits you. In my (biased) opinion you can't go wrong with an Orbea. Well made and finished with a lifetime frame warranty. They don't come in Claret and blue though!

Gold medal is extra 8)
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • rogerthecat
    rogerthecat Posts: 669
    M8 I can so empathise with you, so much beauty; In the end I went for Cube, why I hear you ask, well I liked the look of them pure and simple. Loads of guys on here pointed me in every direction, I too was at the Orbea and Bianchi cross roads, It wasn’t until the sales man started going on about shoes, and shorts et al, that I thought hold on a moment I haven’t even decided on a bike yet. My budget was, yes was 650 as I thought that a good starting price, Anyways I pick up my Cube on Tuesday ended up spending 1090.00 don’t tell the wife. M8 good luck with whatever you decide on, all I can say is get it from your LBS, get fitted for it and make sure you love the look of it.

RTC Out
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    I have an Onix and its a great bike(I believe the frame mould is the same as the old Orca) Its good for long rides and especially good on hills. The tight rear triangle transmits the power very well whilst the front gives plenty of control. It looks a million dollars as well and you won't see too many out on the road.
  • paul_or
    paul_or Posts: 156
    I'm a very happy owner of an 09 fleche aqua. Superb bike with 105/tiagra kit, decent wheels. The handling is superb - really inspires confidence, and i'm hoping to upgrade the wheels before too long, looking at easton ea50's.

It's nice because they're unusual and a bit left field.
    visit my blog for more excitement

http://www.flammerouge.co.uk
    both really great bikes.

I really fancied getting a Bianchi but my friend who used to race and has a few bike shops [without in any way knocking Bianchi bikes] gave me the nod towards Orbea. He's visited the factory a couple of times and rides one himself. The new Gavia looks sweet too.

Like with any bike though, best to give it a test if possible and then decide :)