Leftism - Pictorial and editorial journal of a shed rebuild

call me stupid
call me stupid Posts: 20
edited May 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Hi this is my first post outside of classifieds where I picked up my new whip from sheepsteeth earlier!

2789334110105106314S600x600Q85.jpg
Cute isn’t she! :lol: Click on the pic for the gallery, bit sparse at the moment but give it time! Going to keep this as a record/journal of where it started and how it ended up.

Specs are based on stickers, not sure on a lot of it so if anyone knows feel free to share if you do know!

Frame: Cannondale of some sort, any ideas?
Forks: Lefty, manual one
Bars: Amoeba Borla
Stem: Black one
Headset: Also black
Grips: Trashed need new ones when I get the brakes sorted
Bar Ends: none

Front Brake Lever assy: Coda
Front Caliper: Coda it’s dangerous, slipping all the time
Front disc: Coda?
Rear Brake Lever assy: Avid Juicy 3
Rear Caliper: Avid Juicy 3
Rear Disc: More Avid?
Hoses: Black ones!

Shifters: Deore LX
Cables: More black...
Front Mech: Deore bottom pull
Rear Mech: Deore
Chain Device: ???

Seat: None! :lol:
Seat Post: See above
Seat Post Clamp: Black...

Cranks: One is silver one is black quite the odd couple, the black one is a coda
Chainring(s): Coda 44 on the outside, guess they’re 32-22 after that
Chain: Probably needs changing
Cassette: 9 speed
Pedals: Wellgo
Bottom Bracket: No idea

Front Wheel:
Rim: Mavic 317
Spokes: Pass
Hub: Coda lefty
Tube: Can’t be arsed to check
Tire: Kendra kenetic

Back Wheel:
Rim: Mavic 317
Spokes: Sticker saying DT on the rim...
Hub: Deore
Tube: Pass
Tire: Kendra kenetic

Weight: 26lb according to some bathroom scale juggling!

Other info: Currently the front brake is pointless, no bite at all. Odd cranks, no saddle or post and the fork is feeling like it’s got sandpaper where the bearing surfaces should be! Other than that it’s a nice bit of kit and I’m looking forward to getting her fettled!

But now having said all that it’s time to.......
2832671140105106314S600x600Q85.jpg

Comments

• I'll update the spec as it changes/becomes more apparent in here
  • Less than 24 hours into bike ownership and the first box has arrived! Not into brown box shots just yet but the contents were a rather lovely Charge Spoon Cr-Mo

2701036080105106314S600x600Q85.jpg

2214303820105106314S600x600Q85.jpg

Big thumbs up to Drake's Cycles of Leeds for having this in stock, a couple of guys I spoke to said the latest delivery of Spoons didn't have this colour in so stock is "very limited / you'll be lucky to find one" in the country. Also props for getting it to me today when I only ordered it at about 16:00 yesterday.

Chain reaction are off the xmas card list though, ordered a seatpost from them "As long as it's in before 15:00 it'll go same day". My right hindquater was it, just rang as the post and saddle were both meant to be coming RM "Yea that got sent today 1st class might be with you tomorrow. if not should be Tuesday" :evil:

Sunny bank holiday weekend with an unrideable new bike, frustrating....
  • After a three weeks of no news it's all go on the bike front again! Just got her back yesterday from Tony at Thumbprint tuning in Devon. He's totally overhauled the fork so no more scratchy grindy feeling when telescoping and the lockout/damping control works as well!

He also faced/fitted my new Deore Hollowtech 2 Chainset/BB and Hope M4 brakes! The only downside is that the rear brakes hose wasn't long enough to allow fitting and turning right so currently got nothing out back. The finishing touch should have been the ODI Lock-on Rogue bonus pack but alas she's still a work in progress for now.

The sun is out so might out the Avid back on in the short term. Even though I've tried explaining it's all off the bike and I've measured the original hose the local bike shops are talking weeks before I can get booked in for a longer hose and bleed :roll:

Couple of thumbnailed pics....

2579674170105106314S600x600Q85.jpg

2371295130105106314S600x600Q85.jpg
  • k2rider
    k2rider Posts: 575
    looks nice but blimey that stems a bit long!
    who cares?
  • fourcrossjohn
    fourcrossjohn Posts: 2,500
    what do you expect from sheepsteeth, he's compensating for something :lol:

not his whang, hes tryi ng to compensate for sum ned sawing the barrel off his tank :wink: