Campag Record 11 speed questions, advice needed please?

poucher
poucher Posts: 102
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

I'm considering buying a Record 11 speed groupset, but I have query around the BB fitting of the chainset.
The bike is a Pinarello Paris carbon and it has an "Oversize" bottom bracket, does this mean that it won't accept the normal screw in outboard bearing cups?
I've been looking on the Campy website and it shows some "Ultra torque OS fit for 86.5 x 41" for BB30 Like these :-
http://www.campagnolo.com/repository/prodotti/img1/2009_Calotta_integrata.jpg

So my question is?
1/ do these just press into the bottom bracket as there are no threads on them, or

2/ do you fit these and then screw in the normal bearing cups into them?

3/ Do these OS cups come in the groupset or do you have to buy them extra?

4/ Can anyone do me a pic please of the setup for Campy chainset with oversize BB so I can see exactly how it fits?

4/ Who has the best deal at the moment for a Record 11 speed groupset, where I can actually go to the shop and buy it over the counter, I'm a bit worried about so many internet businesses going bust these days I'd rather have it in my hands before I pay for it.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cheers,

Poucher :wink:

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    The OS cups are for use with framesets designed for BB30 - you can't use them with any other frame fitting, so depends whether the Paris frame is BB30 compatible.
    The cups take the BB bearings
    You'll probably have to buy the cups separately from the groupset - depends on the dealer.
    For deals, look at Ribble, Parker or Merlin - all have shops with mail order.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..