UCI joining CONI at Valv.Piti hearing

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited May 2009 in Pro race
http://uk.reuters.com/article/sportsNew ... 0?rpc=401&

And you cynics say they don't care about doping.

Shame on you.

:roll:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Reading the announcement it looks like the UCI are slipping someone into the hearing, not much more than that, it's quite passive.

Still, once again it looks like they are being bounced into moving. For they have had copies, including uncertified translations, of all the Puerto documents so they know more about this affair than almost anyone else. It's taken CONI to revive this, something probably causing red faces in Aigle.

I don't know what has changed to make them link up with CONI, I suspect nothing has changed except they feel the need to join in, to climb aboard the bandwagon in case they are - rightly - seen as being slow to respond to this matter.

Being uber-cynical, I reckon the case by CONI will now fall apart and the UCI will end up with egg on its face, after all if the UCI thinks it's time to climb aboard, surely that is the kiss of death? :wink:
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUKTRE53T5NB20090430?rpc=401&

And you cynics say they don't care about doping.

Shame on you.

:roll:

I hope Pierre will be on sight at the CONI hearing :D
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Man, I know I shouldn't have bought his Spanish Champion's jersey.

What was I thinking?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Bakunin wrote:
    Man, I know I shouldn't have bought his Spanish Champion's jersey.

What was I thinking?

think yourself lucky i bought his Spanish champions bike :-)
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Just so long as you didn't buy the Spanish champion's gear. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Kléber wrote:
    Reading the announcement it looks like the UCI are slipping someone into the hearing, not much more than that, it's quite passive.

Still, once again it looks like they are being bounced into moving. For they have had copies, including uncertified translations, of all the Puerto documents so they know more about this affair than almost anyone else. It's taken CONI to revive this, something probably causing red faces in Aigle.

I don't know what has changed to make them link up with CONI, I suspect nothing has changed except they feel the need to join in, to climb aboard the bandwagon in case they are - rightly - seen as being slow to respond to this matter.

Being uber-cynical, I reckon the case by CONI will now fall apart and the UCI will end up with egg on its face, after all if the UCI thinks it's time to climb aboard, surely that is the kiss of death? :wink:

I'm thinking it will be like when you go into a meeting with someone with a reputation for "frank and open" speaking. You tell them to shut up, sit quietly and do nothing until you've got ink on the contract. Five minutes in, they're shouting the odds and heckling you as your most lucrative client is making a break for the door muttering excuses.

:(