Any SS commuters that do 10+ miles each way in here?

2»

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Greg66 wrote:
    7.5 miles e/way. 53x16. London, so flat except for a small uphill at each end.

Being in one gear does not a SS make...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Greg66 wrote:

Back off old man your not welcome here :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Greg66 wrote:

Ah yes - just spotted "SS" in the title of the thread.

Still, could be done easily on an SS with that gearing. :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Ah yes - just spotted "SS" in the title of the thread.

Still, could be done easily on an SS with that gearing. :wink:

I know. After all, that's pretty well the same as the gearing I ride around on day in day out... bunch o'wusses round 'ere... :P
  • b0ne
    b0ne Posts: 2
    I ride 20 miles a day, it's a country route with about 6 medium to small hills.

I have a Charge Plug racer with 42T / 16T freewheel. I tried going Fixed but I have too many tight bends on the country lanes and it was slowing me down. Plus the descents freaked me out too much on the fixed :lol:

I had weedy legs when I went SS about a year ago, but have lovely muscly legs now :P
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    37 miles a day on a 46/19.

1 castle, 2 piers, 3 promenades, 2 paths next to the beach and a bit of old sea bed. Not a bad commute.
    Half man, Half bike
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    depending which route i take there are a decent amount of hills for me considering im commuting from north london. Monday for instance i did 1200ft of climb in 22miles fixed. But i went up highgate hill for a laugh.

Cant remember what ratio im riding it could be 48x17
  • monkeysm8
    monkeysm8 Posts: 191
    Some commendable commutes guys :-) I cant wait for the sale of the house I am buying to complete then I can get my commute on 14 miles of flat lincolnshire countryside. Well I still need to sort a bike lol hopefully planet x can hook me up.
  • [Tim]
    [Tim] Posts: 64
    tom3668 wrote:
    Funnily enough I was just wondering if I could get from Oxford to Didcot on my fixed gear... will give it a go sometime I'm feeling athletic....

Sustrans 5 down the river/Abingdon road (depending on weather/tyres) then past Radley, into Abingdon and past waitrose then pick the 5 up again to go past the rugby club, and after a few quiet roads you go past the power station into Milton park.

Any good?

http://www.sustrans.org.uk/default.asp? ... 4401785781
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Feltup wrote:
    Fraid not, Hedsor Hill going from Bourne End up to Clivedon. I shall be going between the hours of shhhh and not telling 8) Winter Hill is OK apart from the hairpin where the pedalling goes a bit square!

Now thats just not cricket........

Where were you? :wink:
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali