Spray painters

Shorty12
Shorty12 Posts: 478
edited October 2009 in MTB general
I may have asked this before but not sure :roll: does anyone know of frame painters in buxton in derbyshire?

Many thanks

Comments

• Shorty12
    No one know?
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    just send it off to Argos... the brilliance of www.senditnow.com

A tenner to send it to one of the best frame sprayers.

Oh, and why does it have to be local to you? :?
  • Shorty12
    Prefer it local so it doesnt take as long to get it back and ride it
  • The Big Cheese
    Shorty12 wrote:
    Prefer it local so it doesnt take as long to get it back and ride it

There would only be a day or so in it..... 24 hr to send it, Argos will take the same time if not quicker to spray it than a local sprayer and 24 hrs for them to send it back, they are REALLY that good! :wink:

WELL worth the extra time IMO
  • Shorty12
    What about the price £110 just to respray a frame, well i got 2 frames that need to be done. Whereas if i can source a local painter £30 each
  • Shorty12
    What about the price £110 just to respray a frame, well i got 2 frames that need to be done. Whereas if i can source a local painter £30 each
  • The Big Cheese
    Well, you didn't say price was a factor. I'd pay £110+ to have a 'new' frame back with decals and clear coat.

Horses for courses it would appear in this case. I'm getting one of my bikes sprayed lime green in the summer, and will provide my own decals for them to apply/clearcoat. I was going to buy a new frame, this way is much cheaper for me.... but that's just me

It may be a case that there aren't any specific frame sprayers in your area, unless you get a mechanics shop to do it for you on the cheap? May be an option
  • Shorty12
    So whats the price for just a standard coat no decals from argos?
  • The Big Cheese
    al the info here:
    http://www.argoscycles.com/

Oh and here's one they did earlier:
    http://www.argoscycles.com/images/New%20Image.JPG

:wink:
  • Shorty12
    Seems abit expensive :D
  • I want to get my carbon hardtail sprayed, i know about Argos, but has anyone or know Atlantic Boulevard and what they are like, reason is there just up the road and only take 2 weeks to do my frame ...cheers wayne
  • Sloper
    Sloper Posts: 141
    Shorty12, if you'll consider powder coating (tougher than paint), you could try Garrie Bevan coatings in Tunstead Milton, Whaley Bridge. They were recommended to me, although I haven't used them.
  • Loooked are there site, that type of paintwork is only for metal and not carbon bummer.
    but many thanks for your help

cheers :D