Forum home Mountain biking forum The Crudcatcher
«1

Posts

  • docker0141docker0141 Posts: 605
    never seen that coming. just shows they arn't afraid to punish on the big teams.... good on them
  • AndyAndy Posts: 8,207
    F1 is boring. Fact.
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,547
    docker0141 wrote:
    never seen that coming. just shows they arn't afraid to punish on the big teams.... good on them
    Unless they happen to use red cars...
  • supersonicsupersonic Posts: 82,708 Lives Here
    Got off light I think. They lied to get Trulli docked places, very dirty tactics. I'd have fine the team and docked Hamilton 10 points.
  • GraydawgGraydawg Posts: 673
    andrew156 wrote:
    F1 is boring. Fact.

    Hmm - there's a comment specially posted to prompt a flame war! :roll:

    IMO - McLaren should have been docked some points. A suspended race ban is still a bit serious. If they make one little mistake over the next 12 months they are out of action for 3 races!

    Plus they sacked the guy who prompted it all anyway - not really much more to be said.... apart from - Jenson Button to win this year! :D Just goes to show what he is capable of in a competitive car!
    It's been a while...
  • KittyKitty Posts: 2,844
    andrew156 wrote:
    F1 is boring. Fact.

    Shut it stinky.
  • whyamihere wrote:
    docker0141 wrote:
    never seen that coming. just shows they arn't afraid to punish on the big teams.... good on them
    Unless they happen to use red cars...
    +1

    anyone remember this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVmibvs-zo

    Schumacher's punishment? back of the grid for the start of the race. thats it.



    BULLSHIT!
  • supersonicsupersonic Posts: 82,708 Lives Here
    What did he actually do wrong? Seemed the car understeered (twice) , he tried to provent a slide, and stalled (?)
  • supersonic wrote:
    What did he actually do wrong? Seemed the car understeered (twice) , he tried to provent a slide, and stalled (?)

    nah, he "just happened to have a technical fault" on the final corner at Monaco, with 3 faster cars on their qually laps about to come thru. Completely threw them off their lap and so he got pole.(until he got put to the back of the grid for cheating).
    Now thats blatent cheating. full on in the eye of the supporters and he gets a little slap on the wrists?
  • supersonicsupersonic Posts: 82,708 Lives Here
    He definitely skids wide though. I suppose it can't really be proven, but a taped recording is pretty good evidence!
  • The Northern MonkeyThe Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
    edited April 2009
    nah theres no skid there. it's a slow corner, he's just parked it in the middle of the track!!

    Edit: watched it again...he skids.
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,547
    supersonic wrote:
    He definitely skids wide though. I suppose it can't really be proven, but a taped recording is pretty good evidence!
    He skids, yes. He also completely straightens the wheel twice, ensuring that the car went to the edge. If he had a technical problem, pulling the car in tight to the corner, getting it off the racing line would be the proper thing to do.
  • Sorry yeah he does skid, just watched it again.
    Bit "fortunate" that he ended up so close to the wall that he couldn't turn back onto the track. (no reverse gear obviously).

    better view... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JdTjXIlBTY
    just watch him straighten up and park it exactly where he wants it.
  • supersonicsupersonic Posts: 82,708 Lives Here
    Looks like there was a skid just after 28 secs. Does look dodgy though as it was eventually recovered. I think the problem is why he stayed there!
  • In the end, Schumacher's actions were deemed "deliberate" by the race stewards and he was demoted to the back of the grid as punishment for his actions, promoting Alonso from second to pole position.
  • supersonicsupersonic Posts: 82,708 Lives Here
    I think his dink into Damon was a belter!
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,547
    What about when he smacked Villeneuve into the gravel?
  • what year/race was that?

    still, kinda shows a bias towards ferrari. even eddie jordan and brundell were saying how bad the favouritism was towards ferrari last season.

    get rid of ecclestone and get a new board for the fia. only way things will get fairer.
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,547
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    what year/race was that?
    He did Hill and Villeneuve when they were going for the title. Hill would have been '96 (can't remember the race), Villeneuve was '97, and I think it was the last race.
  • whyamihere wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    what year/race was that?
    He did Hill and Villeneuve when they were going for the title. Hill would have been '96 (can't remember the race), Villeneuve was '97, and I think it was the last race.
    ahh you mean when he tried to take him out?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2MeWpZS ... re=related

    hill incident was '94 by the look of things
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VGAWfEsQsY
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,547
    That's the one.

    My mistake on the Hill incident.
  • ahh i remember the villenuve one, not the hill one though... I was only 8 years old! :lol:
  • KittyKitty Posts: 2,844
    Think anyone can catch Brawn up now?
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 8,115
    Kitty wrote:
    Think anyone can catch Brawn up now?
    Yup, Red Bull (if they can fit a diffuser to their car) & Toyota are top of the list at the mo, maybe Williams too

    Ferrari, BMW & McLaren are in big trouble.

    Cracking season so far, great to see it all mixed up.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • ratty2kratty2k Posts: 3,872
    :lol: Tickles me up, everyone slagging off Schumacher for playing the game better than most, Wasn't it Prost and Senna years ago off the strt line of Japan IIRC.... Bang first corner, nowt more deliberate.
    My Pics !


    Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,547
    The gap's closing. Brawn are amazing for a new team. I don't think they'll take the championship though.
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,547
    Andy_B wrote:
    Ferrari, BMW & McLaren are in big trouble.
    McLaren are in much better shape than Ferrari or BMW. Well, Hamilton is at least. Kovalainen's still absolutely rubbish though.
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 8,115
    whyamihere wrote:
    Andy_B wrote:
    Ferrari, BMW & McLaren are in big trouble.
    McLaren are in much better shape than Ferrari or BMW. Well, Hamilton is at least. Kovalainen's still absolutely rubbish though.
    The recent 'improvement' by McLaren is thought to be due to the track in Bahrain suiting their car, with no high speed cornering the severe lack of downforce generated by the McLaren didn't cause as many problems as at the other circuits raced on this year

    Anyhoo, it's all change again once the 1st big aero developments from most teams arrive in tine for the Spanish GP (10th May)
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • whyamiherewhyamihere Posts: 7,547
    Andy_B wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:
    Andy_B wrote:
    Ferrari, BMW & McLaren are in big trouble.
    McLaren are in much better shape than Ferrari or BMW. Well, Hamilton is at least. Kovalainen's still absolutely rubbish though.
    The recent 'improvement' by McLaren is thought to be due to the track in Bahrain suiting their car, with no high speed cornering the severe lack of downforce generated by the McLaren didn't cause as many problems as at the other circuits raced on this year

    Anyhoo, it's all change again once the 1st big aero developments from most teams arrive in tine for the Spanish GP (10th May)
    They also took 5th and 6th in China, Hamilton got 7th at Sepang, and before getting disqualified, Hamilton was in 4th/5th in Melbourne. Not too bad considering how bad the car is said to be.
  • whyamihere wrote:
    Andy_B wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:
    Andy_B wrote:
    Ferrari, BMW & McLaren are in big trouble.
    McLaren are in much better shape than Ferrari or BMW. Well, Hamilton is at least. Kovalainen's still absolutely rubbish though.
    The recent 'improvement' by McLaren is thought to be due to the track in Bahrain suiting their car, with no high speed cornering the severe lack of downforce generated by the McLaren didn't cause as many problems as at the other circuits raced on this year

    Anyhoo, it's all change again once the 1st big aero developments from most teams arrive in tine for the Spanish GP (10th May)
    They also took 5th and 6th in China, Hamilton got 7th at Sepang, and before getting disqualified, Hamilton was in 4th/5th in Melbourne. Not too bad considering how bad the car is said to be.
    yup, thats what I keep saying. the car is apparently terrible but hamilton is doing pretty well considering.
    Massa on the other hand is doing terribly. it was thought ferrari would have a stronger car than mclaren at the beginning of the season,,. def not the case.

    Mclaren said "we will win spain, if not then we won't be in contention". Mclaren are behind on testing compared to other teams, so the've done alright.

    I think that from spain, Brawn will have a lot more competition. Hopefully Button won't run out of talent.
Sign In or Register to comment.