Anyone own the Assos F1.13 S5 Bibshorts ?

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited April 2009 in The bottom bracket
if you do own a pair..............whats your thoughts on them? Cheers

Comments

• They are the best bibshorts I have ever owned, and ok, the most expensive.

Pros:

- the padding does not feel like it is an addition to the shorts, but feels like it is really part of them and is cut so that it cushions where you need it and does not get in the way where you do not.
    - the anatomical fit is perfect, the shorts are *really* comfortable on the bike. This alone is enough to merit the purchase.
    - the material is really high quality and feels great to wear.
    - they look great.
    - the bib part of the shorts is not so thick that it will make me too hot on a summers day.
    - the shorts stay in place and do not ride up at all.

Cons:

- price, but I consider it worth it now I have found such comfort in the saddle.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I nearly fainted when I seen the price :shock:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    willhub wrote:
    I nearly fainted when I seen the price :shock:

I'd expect nothing less from a tight git :wink:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    200 quid for a pair of shorts :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    You lot clearly haven't been credit crunched :?

I've been looking at the slightly cheaper ones, the Uno I think which cost around £100. Surely they are just as good?
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Don't know whether they would ever qualify as value for money, but after 80+ miles in the saddle they come pretty close !

They are very comfortable. Quite a tight fit on the leg so need to get your sizing correct.

You do get a nice glossy book selling lots of other Assos goodies, as modelled by Mr & Mrs Adonis.