Cambridge/ Cherry Hinton Routes?

plokmi
plokmi Posts: 45
edited May 2009 in Routes
I'm getting fed up of not riding after work in the evening, so i was wondering if anyone has any shortish routes around that way. I have to be able to ride from my house though, as i have no car!
Thanks a lot

Comments

• memphis32
    memphis32 Posts: 55
    I used to live down that way, and didn't really find anything. A few places if you put slicks on - loads of quiet village roads the other side of the A11 past Fulbourn.
    Out in Newmarket now, and there's even less out here!
  • fenboy369
    fenboy369 Posts: 425
    Can you still go and play in that little quary type thing thats near/opposite the Robin Hood pub? Might be worth a look, I used to take my old Cannondale there, some nice drops etc... to play on. I live near Ely now, Thetford is only 45mins for me, but there are loads of byeways/footpaths etc... round me that are ace. Just get the old OS map out and have a look. Or try multimap or streetmap on 'tinternet.
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • plokmi
    no you cant play in the quarry, its been completely fenced off now. I used to ride there.
  • fenboy369
    Thats a pity. Any other play areas in Cambridge or the surrounding area? For a city thats know for bikes, there seems to be v.little... :cry:
  • memphis32
    memphis32 Posts: 55
    I thought there was still a hole in the fence - you have to be able to cycle up a wall and grab a branch to get back out though...
  • plokmi
    no, that was with the old fence. They have now completely re-fenced it with 10ft high steel and spikes on top!
  • fenboy369
    Thats a bunny hop and a half for anybody! :shock:
  • fenboy369
    What about Wandlebury and the gogs? Anything there worth looking at? Lots of paths and roads on multimap.
  • fenboy369
    Popped down there the other lunch time. Its being turned into a nature reserve. Hopefully full of wild table tops, drop offs and berms. :P :P

But most probably not... :(
  • There is a small area near the abbey pool that can be used, but now it is mainly used by people on mopeds! It is really upsetting, it used to be nice! :(:(
  • fenboy369
    There is a small area near the abbey pool that can be used, but now it is mainly used by people on mopeds! It is really upsetting, it used to be nice! :(:(

The BMX bit?