Bank hols are coming..

shanta
shanta Posts: 278
edited April 2009 in MTB rides
Another bank holiday is coming, who is riding where this weekend??

Comments

• mounty
    mounty Posts: 682
    My local area I think?? :)
  • shanta
    Hi Mounty, we were thinking of maybe trying Sherwood Pines, failing that prob end up at the Chase/Wyre. Just bought a new wheels set of ebay so hoping they arrive before then..
  • mounty
    mounty Posts: 682
    Ahhh Shata..... I thought I recognised the name....I'm doing a big walk on Sunday, so I will be out on the bike Friday or Saturday...

If you are still up for a ride in the wyre at any point, just give us a shout...
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    we're getting invaded on the island by about 2000 bikes for the randonee http://www.cycleisland.co.uk/ so i'll prolly go out and join in the convoy :D
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Digging rather than riding on Sunday although as we're likely to be breaking through to the next fireroad with the trail I may be riding what we've just built.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Swaledale on Saturday. Should be away from all the grockles in Lakes/Dales.
    Frank Yates
  • shanta
    Mounty or Stumpy,

Can you tell me whether the brake mounts on 2006 Rockshox Recons are IS or Post?
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Fairly sure they will be IS.

Link to Nick's FAQ sticky below

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1590919

Don't worry, took me a couple of minutes to find it and I knew it was there.

Very simply for post mount it looks like the caliper bolts point into the fork, i.e. the caliper mounts on 2 posts, IS mounts have bolts that go through a tab and not 'into' the fork lower.

That's probably a really pants explanation, scroll down to the bottom of Nick's FAQ linked to above and there are links to drawings of the different types.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I'm doing nothing...Llandegla on Sunday gave me swine flu :lol:
    Caz xx