City Cycles Chichester - reputable?

manilow
manilow Posts: 38
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Hi there,

Has anyone bought from/dealt with City Cycles Chichester:

http://www.citycycleschichester.com/

They've got some gear on their site that I'm after, but have never really heard of them?

If you have had goosd dealings, please let me know!

Cheers

Comments

• Enwezor
    Enwezor Posts: 124
    Never heard of them and the link doesn't work. I use Hargroves in Chichester.
  • oddy74
    oddy74 Posts: 91
    I know of CityCycles, a few of my friends use them, don't recall them ever having any problems.
    I, like Enwezor use Hargroves in Chichester.

Oddy
  • tempest5
    tempest5 Posts: 9
    I've used City Cycles a bit, only for "consumables" like inner tubes, energy drink etc. so don't know what they are like for expensive bits/complete bikes. It's one of those nice smaller shops with lots of interesting stuff in it and friendly/helpful staff.

Chris
  • MrSparkles
    MrSparkles Posts: 23
    Excellent shop, Martin and Jackie are very knowledgable and helpful. Won't sell you what you don't need.
  • robbie7
    robbie7 Posts: 292
    i have to agree never go anywhere else. Martin and Jackie are fantastic always friendly and willing to help. its good to support a LBS. so i would highly recommend them.
  • I regularly travel a 35 mile round trip (past other good and more local bike shops) to visit City Cycles as they keep a great range of components and tools. Very honest people not out to sell you anything for the sake of it. Also what Martin doesn't know about bike maintenance isn't worth knowing (and this from a guy who has a £5K+ MTB and knows a thing or two about how to properly maintain his own bikes).
    Highly recommended.
  • Martin is a good honest knowledgable owner, but the company who supplied the .com website went out of business so please don't use that site, as they can't get the payments out of the system, we have built him a new site at the .co.uk version, https://citycycleschichester.co.uk/index.php or which is all secure and working now and they will be able to process your orders. Peter.
  • Shmikuk
    Shmikuk Posts: 117
    paulburt wrote:
    I regularly travel a 35 mile round trip (past other good and more local bike shops) to visit City Cycles as they keep a great range of components and tools. Very honest people not out to sell you anything for the sake of it. Also what Martin doesn't know about bike maintenance isn't worth knowing (and this from a guy who has a £5K+ MTB and knows a thing or two about how to properly maintain his own bikes).
    Highly recommended.

likewise, we dealt with martin and jackie purely because they were so helpful, friendly and happy to advise with no pressure. It's an hour away but well worth the extra effort.