Gisburn Forest new routes how are they coming on

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited May 2009 in Routes
Is there any one on here who works on the Gisburn Forest trails.

I havent heard anything for a while was wondering how they are coming on and when we will be able to have a ride
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    I heard the contractors are only done third of the trail, so few months until its finished.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Hopefully going to finish the volunteer bit this weekend coming. I vaguely remember someone saying the official openning of the trails will be late May, I'll ask properly on Sunday.

I think the contractors have had problems on one or two sections, they lost two diggers in a boggy bit at one point (should make interesting trail features) so those bits are likely to be completed with volunteer labour.

I'll try and post an update early next week.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Just been to the "bike shop" in Skipton and we were discussing the new trails, the mechanic there is going to be helping on the North shore section. He showed me a head cam of the new downhill section on the red route looks like real fun, he says that is open now not sure about the rest.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • stumpyjon
    Sorry, posted on another thread. I asked on Sunday and works coming on well, looking at a late June early July official openning time with all the trails signposted etc. Some may be open for riding earlier, I'll let you know when I know more.

• whalley665
    whalley665 Posts: 150
    I went up there at the weekend, saw the contractor built trails and resisted the urge to ride them as they look mint. just as i was cycling down the old bit, i see this guy on an expensive marin quake 7.3?? just ride round the tape and go down the new trail even though it says it is not open yet!! even worse is that he was not even wearing a helmet!! if he managed to buy the bike then i'm sure he'd be able to afford a helmet. Anyway, the trails look amazing, can't wait for the opening!
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
  • stumpyjon
    whalley665 wrote:
    i see this guy on an expensive marin quake 7.3?? just ride round the tape and go down the new trail even though it says it is not open yet!!

It's getting to be a bit of problem. Some of the contractor built stuff really needs to settle down before it's ridden, worse still are the people riding our bits that are still under construction. The bits we've dug out but not stoned up are getting really churned up.

Be nice if a few more people were helping to build rather than ride the trails at the moment :(

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Sorry guys in last post i missed out this bit you can view the head cam vid on you tube, search author "sturider" and check it out :twisted:
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I've walked that bit of trail :D....it looks brilliant...but i'll not ride it till its official...i can wait..........................HURRY UP AND OPEN IT!!!!!! :lol:
    Caz xxx