Blackburn Airstik CF

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi
Has anyone got one of these pumps. I just bought one and it seems to work very well. However, i came accross an American website yesterday with a few horror stories.Is it really so bad.
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Is that the tiny one or the larger black one?
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    guilliano wrote:
    Is that the tiny one or the larger black one?
    The larger Black one 283mm long, with Carbon Fibre barrel

Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    I've had one for a couple of months and it is OK.

I think I've used it 4 times in anger out on the road and it coped well :D:D . The last time I pumped the tyre up as hard as I thought it needed, rode home and then checked the tyre pressure and it was a couple of psi short of 100. (I could have spent a couple of minutes longer getting a few more psi in - but at the time I was in agony as I had just knackered my back when bending down to pick the wheel up, and I also had cramp :oops: :oops: )

I know there are probably more efficient pumps out there (I have a £6.99 one bought from Wiggle, which is a clone of the Topeak Road Morph, and it is much easier and quicker to get a tyre up to over 100psi - but it is pig-ugly when on the bike and actually took a chip out the laquer on my frame as it rattled about :evil: :evil: so I don't use it anymore)

I am a bit of a bike tart and the Blackburn is probably the best comprimise between useability and aesthetics on my Carbon frame :oops: :oops:

I would recommend one if it fits your criteria.

Hope this helps,
    Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Happy with mine, had it about a year now, road and mountain bike.